masterrig

Is it cold where you are?

It's only been about 3 or 4 weeks. It was supposed to warm up today but it was -13 this morn and the high today is only supposed to be around 0 somewhere. We need this shit in abundance tho to kill these damn bark beetles. You should see our forests. It's a damn shame.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

I saw a story on the news yesterday about Iguanas in Florida. They showed Iguanas in the cold weather there and the reptiles fall-out of the trees. When it warms-up, they become active again. It was pretty funny. They look dead but in reality, their heart rate slows down.

Chuck

Ahhh memories..... iguana stew... with palm hearts and tarrow root....mmmmmm

But those little suckers are fast when they get warmed up:ph34r:

I saw a story on the news yesterday about Iguanas in Florida. They showed Iguanas in the cold weather there and the reptiles fall-out of the trees. When it warms-up, they become active again. It was pretty funny. They look dead but in reality, their heart rate slows down.

Chuck

Ahhh memories..... iguana stew... with palm hearts and tarrow root....mmmmmm

But those little suckers are fast when they get warmed up:ph34r:

You're tougher than I am! I'll stick with beef.:D

Chuck

Below freezing the past few days. Snow the last two. I have yet to put on a coat. I am wearing the same uniform I wore in Baghdad at 130 degrees. If you aren't out in it for any amount of time, who cares?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

West Texas... 10:30 AM and 24 degrees. Clear and sunny!:D

SoCal... 10:47 AM and 64 degrees. So cold I have to wear a light jacket over my short-sleeved shirt. :P

I was in TX until Tuesday. Looks like I picked the right time to return to CA!

Yes you did! It's supposed to warm-up to the low 50's this coming week. It's been awhile since we've had any cold weather to speak of. Usually, we have Summer, a couple 'cold' days and back to Summer.:D

Chuck

These beetles are a major disaster up here. About 15 miles away Mc Donald Pass area is almost 98 percent beetle kill. The whole damn area is red. I've never seen anything like it in my life. They say that we need 2 solid weeks of 30 below or 3 solid weeks of 20 below to eradicate the little bastards. We havn't even come close to that for several years. One major fire season could wipe out our forests easily. Bring on the cold thank you.

Damn! That's pretty rough. If, Mother Nature will cooperate, that would be a good thing. Also, it would save tax payers the money that would be spent on some erradication program. I doubt very much though, teperatures will stay at the needed levels but you never know. Here's hoping!

Chuck

Gettin kinda robbed of winter so far here. Yeah, SoCal but with the elevation, usually got some good snow about this time. Gets down to the 20's at night but thats about the extent of our winter weather...
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

WooHoo. 5 above here this Morn. I watched the forcast last night and found out it's in the 20's and 30's all around us. But we are in a valley with an inversion going on. If I drive 20 miles in any direction I'd have to put on my shorts.