masterrig

Is it cold where you are?

Weather like that is more like watching the Packers in Wisconsin! Then too, you get a lot of that cold coming off of Erie. Don't forget your toque!:D

Chuck

When I was a kid my stepfather worked as a cameraman for CBS sports on weekends. I got to be on the end zone camera platform with him and my mom at Lambeau Field for the Ice Bowl. -15F at the start of the game I have no idea what the wind chill was since we were at the bottom of the horshoe shaped stadium( before the renovation) that faces to the north and the bay itself... but we did get to watch one of the greatest bames of all time. ( But you as a Texican may not feel quite the same way):ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

nice pictures of the fountain.....

still cold here,, and snow EVERY day since dec 31.
also predicted to snow for the NEXT 3 or 4 days...

so YES it's cold.....

attached... back yard, woodpecker, front yard
jmy

...Edited ...!!!!!! to reply to Amazon!!!!!

wow!!!! Vince Lombardi!! Bart Starr!!! Hornung,, jerry Kramer!!! max mcGee!! Fuzzy Thurston...The goalline dive!!! by QB Bart Starr,,,,slicing between Right Guard Kramer and the center,,,,, whose name i forget,, (BUT if i go and find my copy of Instant Replay!!!! i could figure it out);)... those Poor dallas cowboys... Freeeeeezing their asses off......!! [:/]hahahaha.. man one of the Greatest Games of all times!!! and YOU Jeanne!!! were THERE!!!??????-allright!!!!! :ph34r::D
you just moved WAAAy UP,,, on my list of favorites!!B|
were you in the end zone where the packers scored???? were you able to last,, the entire game???
hahahaha That My DEAR,, Was HISTORY!!!!!!! thanks for sharing the story..:)

jimmy

From all the responses to this thread, I'd say this is a fairly chilly winter. I heard this morning it was 30-F in parts of Florida. There goes the price of orange juice! I live over-looking a valley and it was 7-F this morning.

Chuck

It's been about average in Chicago. We were 14F at 7:00 and it's 26F right now. In November we had 28 days of above average temp.

El Nino year, things are always unusual.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Weather like that is more like watching the Packers in Wisconsin! Then too, you get a lot of that cold coming off of Erie. Don't forget your toque! ***

Dude,
That's Cleveland, I am soooooo offended!!!!;)
The wind will blow off the Ohio River, it's not frozen.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

Gee... that's rough!:D
Hasn't gotten over 28-deg.F all day. If, we're going to get all this cold air, we could at least have some snow with it![:/] I think, the last winter I've seen like this was 1981 or '82. This time last year, I had to cut the grass in the yard.

Chuck

I'm in the area of DeLand, FL and we were actually supposed to do a few dives today but were grounded because of the snow and sleet... in FLORIDA!!!! yea, it's a bit chilly here... :)
If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL

By the way, I've done most of my cowboyin' in Jeff Davis county... know it well!

Folks out there have really opened up in the last few years. Most of my work out there was for The Nature Conservancy. Talk about a hated organization when they first arrived...(you know, they're only acquiring property to high the government's black helicopters on!). People really opened up when they realized the benefit of burning, and that we would do it EXTREMELY cheaply if not free for the sake improving habitat.

I don't doubt that we've probably walked some of the same trails out there.
Killing threads since 2004.

Near Green Bay Wi. Temp is about +20F. No wind and the sun is shining. The sky is that absolutely gorgeous pale blue you only get in winter. I was out in a sweatshirt shoveling snow. Working hard enough that I wasn't cold. I might go sledding later.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Weather like that is more like watching the Packers in Wisconsin! Then too, you get a lot of that cold coming off of Erie. Don't forget your toque!:D

Chuck

When I was a kid my stepfather worked as a cameraman for CBS sports on weekends. I got to be on the end zone camera platform with him and my mom at Lambeau Field for the Ice Bowl. -15F at the start of the game I have no idea what the wind chill was since we were at the bottom of the horshoe shaped stadium( before the renovation) that faces to the north and the bay itself... but we did get to watch one of the greatest bames of all time. ( But you as a Texican may not feel quite the same way):ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I don't know about that. For a game like that, a fella could put-up with an awful lot! :D There's some die-hard fans in these parts.

Chuck

From all the responses to this thread, I'd say this is a fairly chilly winter. I heard this morning it was 30-F in parts of Florida. There goes the price of orange juice! I live over-looking a valley and it was 7-F this morning.

Chuck

It's been about average in Chicago. We were 14F at 7:00 and it's 26F right now. In November we had 28 days of above average temp.

El Nino year, things are always unusual.

Seems like, in an El Nino(where's that tilde when you need it?) year, we get warmer temperatures and a lot of moisture. So far, it's been just the opposite.

Chuck

Weather like that is more like watching the Packers in Wisconsin! Then too, you get a lot of that cold coming off of Erie. Don't forget your toque! ***

Dude,
That's Cleveland, I am soooooo offended!!!!;)
The wind will blow off the Ohio River, it's not frozen.

Sorry!:$ Next time, I'll check an Atlas!:D

Chuck

By the way, I've done most of my cowboyin' in Jeff Davis county... know it well!

Folks out there have really opened up in the last few years. Most of my work out there was for The Nature Conservancy. Talk about a hated organization when they first arrived...(you know, they're only acquiring property to high the government's black helicopters on!). People really opened up when they realized the benefit of burning, and that we would do it EXTREMELY cheaply if not free for the sake improving habitat.

I know what you're saying! Some of the ranchers around here were terrified by The Nature's Conservancy. Their reason was, the Conservancy had bif plans of turning this country into one big park. There were a lot of mis-conceptions, mostly due to the internet and some of the trash found there. Things seem to have simmered-down and folks are being a bit more logical. I do recall, a couple years ago, some of the ranchers got upset with The conservancy because, The Conservancy was having a 'BIG' feral hog problem. They brought-in helicopters to run the hogs of Conservancy land. Well, that just shoved the hogs back onto private ranch land. Some of the ranchers got their own helicopter and spotted the hogs for us on the ground. We killed over 200 of the rotten critters!:D
We more than likely have trod some of the same paths.;)

Chuck

I know what you're saying! Some of the ranchers around here were terrified by The Nature's Conservancy. Their reason was, the Conservancy had bif plans of turning this country into one big park. There were a lot of mis-conceptions, mostly due to the internet and some of the trash found there. Things seem to have simmered-down and folks are being a bit more logical. I do recall, a couple years ago, some of the ranchers got upset with The conservancy because, The Conservancy was having a 'BIG' feral hog problem. They brought-in helicopters to run the hogs of Conservancy land. Well, that just shoved the hogs back onto private ranch land. Some of the ranchers got their own helicopter and spotted the hogs for us on the ground. We killed over 200 of the rotten critters!:D
We more than likely have trod some of the same paths.;)

Chuck

Hmmm...we've used helicopter eradication here on the coast, but it was always find and shoot, usually in the 250-300 per day range. Guess they are bound to miss some. I know when they have all the traps running it's a full time job just to check them every other day. Hadn't actually heard about the Davis Mountains Preserve using a helicopter for anything but fire though. Anyway...a lot of ranchers are getting on board now because TNC is one of very few organizations that has the authority to bypass a burn ban and they realize that is the only way they are going to get their property burned. TNC runs a training operation out there each winter, inviting federal and state firefighters around from all over the country to come down and get experience in prescribed fire. Keep your eye out for some smoke columns in the next week or two. They have a group of 25-30 out there burning right now.
Killing threads since 2004.