masterrig

Is it cold where you are?

A balmy 17 below at my house this morning. Montana.

No matter how cold it is where you are, there's always somebody who's in a colder spot! :ph34r:

Yes! That would be us here in Minneapolis.....

Yep, gotta a buddy lives there, said it has been in the minus 20's past few days, today they are having a heat wave though, all the way up to minus 4....

Yes. And it’s snowing, i.e., barely perceptible flakes falling in downtown ATL.

I’ve been watching the ice build up on the fountain in front of my loft over the last 3 days.
Was watching an icefall build at the pool … was thinking about pulling out ice axes and crampons :D:P … but someone knocked it off yesterday afternoon.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Low 70's and clear sky's here.... (San Diego east county)

Have I told you that you are an ass lately? :D

23F here and snowing......

That seems to be the majority consences![:/]B|

:D:D I'm sorry.... just bc I'm jealous I should not be calling you an ass...... but I will any way.... :P
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Supposed to get to -54°F with the wind chill tonight.

The coldest day around here I experienced was -84°F with the wind chill. I spent 12 hours outside working setting bolt patterns for the AA cargo facility at O'Hare.

The natural temperature was -28°F

I remember one winter, 1999 I think, when I was living in downstate Illinois. One morning it was 50 degrees warmer than it had been 24 hours before. And it was only, 25°F the 2nd morning. :o

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Marg, Too bad it's not cold enough for this. I really want to learn to ice climb.

We're finally getting the much anticipated flurries here in Atlanta (south side). Time for everyone to start freaking out! The damn drive home is really going to suck today.
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!

Marg, Too bad it's not cold enough for this. I really want to learn to ice climb.

Oooh that looks like fun! B|

I've been out to Ouray a few times ice climbing. If you're interested in learning, that's a great place to start. They 'farm' the ice out there. Lots of routes of varying difficulty. Ice rocks. B|

/Marg

Tibetan Buddhist saying

West Texas... 10:30 AM and 24 degrees. Clear and sunny!:D
This is supposed to be the coldest winter for the U.S. in 25-yrs.!

Chuck

No. Here in Silicon Valley it's currently 56 F. Yesterday I rode my bicycle to work and back home at 11pm wearing just shorts and a T-shirt. (I started home with a jacket but got too warm).

Usual daily highs are around 60 degrees this time of year with over-night lows about 40 degrees.

The weather forecast is 58/40 today, 61/40 tomorrow, 61/41 Saturday, 63/43 Sunday. Quite pleasant.

Average high temperatures in July are about 80.

Speaking of winter sports in the flatlands, that reminds me of this:

http://members.wolfram.com/layland/pics/Misc/ski_terre_haute.jpg

:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

West Texas... 10:30 AM and 24 degrees. Clear and sunny!:D
This is supposed to be the coldest winter for the U.S. in 25-yrs.!

Chuck

No. Here in Silicon Valley it's currently 56 F. Yesterday I rode my bicycle to work and back home at 11pm wearing just shorts and a T-shirt. (I started home with a jacket but got too warm).

Usual daily highs are around 60 degrees this time of year with over-night lows about 40 degrees.

The weather forecast is 58/40 today, 61/40 tomorrow, 61/41 Saturday, 63/43 Sunday. Quite pleasant.

Average high temperatures in July are about 80.

Doesn't that kind of weather get boring, after awhile or do you just get used to it?:D

Chuck

You get those warm pacific breezes. I was just curious as to the weather in other parts of the country
I'm not trying to make judgements. Where did you get from my post, I was making judgements?

Chuck

WE'RE WARMER THAN YOUUUUUUU

Neener Neener

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USWA0395?lswe=seattle&from=searchbox_localwx

Oh... just stop it!:D

Chuck

I've been out to Ouray a few times ice climbing. If you're interested in learning, that's a great place to start. They 'farm' the ice out there. Lots of routes of varying difficulty. Ice rocks. B|

/Marg

I was just now talking to one of my cow-orkers.
He and his brother went to Ouray over the Xmas break and he went ice-climbing for the first time there.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Perth Western Australia, 630am Current temp 20degrees C (68F)
It's a tad chilly, i might have to put shorts on:)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?