npgraphicdesign

Incident with my dog

Just thought I would post about the horrible thing that happened today and vent a little.

I was outside working on my car, and I had a bowl of gasoline out to clean my carb out. Wouldn't you know, my 1 year old basset hound walks right up to the bowl and starts lapping away. As soon as I noticed, I yelled to get her attention, and she takes off running with me chasing her around the yard. After about 30 seconds of this, she stops and just falls over.

What a crappy day...
[:/]

Funny, but on a serious note people should watch what fluids they leave around. Apparently coolant has a very sweet taste to it. My friends dog drank a lot in a very short period of time when we weren't paying attention and had to be rushed to the doggy hospital. I don't know if they pumped its stomach or induced vomiting or what but they got it all out fortunately.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

So did she really drink gasoline??

I'm trying to hold back laughter but I can't. Sorry! :D:ph34r:

:$

So that's a no?

Read post #7 again. Hook, line and sinker would indicate it was a joke. He got me for a second too. I hope he doesn't have any thing bad happen for real soon, because I'm not gonna believe him.:P

I would think a dog wouldn't drink gas. Siphoning it sucks bad enough for me that I think the dog would leave it alone.

Antifreeze OTOH is scary. It tastes sweet, and the glycol causes kidney damage fast. Unless you catch it right away and get it out they don't make it:(
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Glycol poisoning is a slow extremely painful death that may take a month.

Anyone that would intentionally do this needs a quick dispatch.

Or maybe they need to drink what they were serving...;)

There's an easy antidote to it though.
Ethyl Glycol binds to Alcohol Dehydrogenase (the enzyme that works to break down alcohol)
The ethyl glycol and alcohol will compete for spaces on the enzyme, so the antidote is to take up as many spaces with alcohol as you can.
The elthyl glycol itself is not dangerous, its the metabolised byproducts that are toxic. So if you can stop the glycol being metabolised, it will pass through the system uneventfully.

Also keep glycol up and away from the ground, it's a pretty colour and looks like cordial to little kids.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

:D:D:D:D

Thought it was for real till I got to the part where she fell down and then I remembered a joke very similar to it...still you really got to admit it was taken hook,linr,and sinker;)

Hell,I knew the joke and ya almost got me till the end:P

Bry
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Funny, but on a serious note people should watch what fluids they leave around. Apparently coolant has a very sweet taste to it. My friends dog drank a lot in a very short period of time when we weren't paying attention and had to be rushed to the doggy hospital.

Yeah, if not treated, it's deadly.

Muriatic Acid is worse. Kills them faster.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban