skittles_of_SDC

guys and classes at the gym

I am just curious if any of the guys out there who have gym memberships to gyms that do classes utilize those classes.

I wanna start going to some of the cardio classes and conditioning classes but it seems like only women go to the classes at my gym. Old ones at that. My gym is associated with a hospital so a majority of members are 50 or over. So I couldn't play it off as doing it for the chicks.

Just go and have fun and don't worry about what everyone else is doing. Besides getting in a good workout, you'll be able to have a laugh at the fact that you're the eye candy! ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

haha. That's already my plan. I'm not gonna find any rich old broads up here though. I'm gonna get in awesome shape and go trolling down in Naples. My friend has friends with a condo down there who will let him barrow it. I'm gonna try to bag one of the old ladies with beach front property and most importantly no children. :P

You never know, one of them might have a nice daughter or granddaughter who would be perfect for a nice boy like you. ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I am just curious if any of the guys out there who have gym memberships to gyms that do classes utilize those classes.

I wanna start going to some of the cardio classes and conditioning classes but it seems like only women go to the classes at my gym. Old ones at that. My gym is associated with a hospital so a majority of members are 50 or over. So I couldn't play it off as doing it for the chicks.

I was a group fitness instructor (read aerobics instructor) for a few years, loads of guys do the classes.
If you're worried about looking like a dork. DONT, you WILL look like a dork, that's part of the fun.
Position yourself at the back of the group until you know the moves then step on up and impress the laddies;)

it's not a typo or spelling error:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

At my gym, a lot of guys go to the spinning classes, but not to the aerobic type classes.
I don't understand why. Ego, whatever.
Break the mold. Go to the classes. Have fun.

I love doing aerobic classes :)I taught Body Combat and Body attack for ages it's great fun, get into it Skitz
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I've done some yoga classes at the gym I used to attend. Lot's of fun, and alot more of a workout then I would have thought. Develops flexibilty and core strength. Don't worry about image. :)

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

... then step on up and impress the laddies;)

He didn't mention that he wanted to look good for the gay attendees, but attention is attention...
I'm sure those laddies will get an eyeful.;)

... then step on up and impress the laddies;)

He didn't mention that he wanted to look good for the gay attendees, but attention is attention...
I'm sure those laddies will get an eyeful.;)

did you read the bottom of the post
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

There is a man who is almost always in my Zumba class. I think he honestly enjoys the workout - its a great cardio workout. I don't think he's gay or there to pick up women or watch us shake our booties.

Why do you have to play it off as anything? If you want to join the class, join the class and enjoy the workout.

At my gym, a lot of guys go to the spinning classes, but not to the aerobic type classes.
I don't understand why. Ego, whatever.
Break the mold. Go to the classes. Have fun.

Many guys do the spinning classes because they bike
on the weekend, but need to train during the week after work.

I have done the aerobic classes. I quit because of the choreography.
After a while, it seemed like going to a bar and doing line dancing.

I regularly do the yoga classes because I need the
flexibility and the workout is harder than weight lifting for me.

Nobody in the classes seems to be doing it for social reasons.
Any after-class conversation involve improving on the goals of the classes.

That said, years ago, an older guy told me, "If the grandmas like you, they will put in a good word for
you with the younger women." Instant acceptance. Works in any venue.

I used to do Cardio Kickboxing, a few of those core classes and things like that. It was a better work out then I was getting on my own with out having to pay trainer fees. After seeing a few of the women hitting the bags in the class I wouldn't want to have found them in a dark alley. :o

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I wanna start going to some of the cardio classes and conditioning classes but it seems like only women go to the classes at my gym.

You jump out of fucking planes. Wear women's underwear if you want to. We don't care and you'll still have more cool points than the whuffo's watching football at home on Sundays.

I've done them in the past. Spin classes are a really good workout. I did some aerobics-type class with my wife one time. We got there late so we were in the back row. We're doing some stretching exercise where we had our feet and hands on the ground and asses up in the air. Being a man, of course I check out the chick's ass in front of me. She had some spandex tights thing on and a thong underneath. Well, the outter layer had a hole in it and if not for the thong, I'd have been able to spy bung hold easily. It was hard not to laugh. It was a nice round ass too- just a shame the dirty brown balloon knot wasn't visible. It was a good story for my wife later on too.
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!

I wanna start going to some of the cardio classes and conditioning classes but it seems like only women go to the classes at my gym.

You jump out of fucking planes. Wear women's underwear if you want to. We don't care and you'll still have more cool points than the whuffo's watching football at home on Sundays.

Wow. Just wow. Quote of the year.:D:D:D
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I'm 24 and I go to spinning class every week. Used to go to body pump (think light, repetative weights) when I was at a gym that had it. Cycling is mostly an older crowd but there's a few cougars:). Body pump had some real honies in that class, but you gotta watch out for the 23 year olds with a 7 year old kid that needs a daddy when they forget to mention that tiny detail until the 3rd date:o. I never really went for the ladies, but it doesn't hurt. And I actually made a few friends of both genders. The only ones who would make fun of you for going are the image-obsessed assholes who only go to the gym just to look at their arms in the mirrors. Who gives a shit what others think?

There is a man who is almost always in my Zumba class. I think he honestly enjoys the workout - its a great cardio workout. I don't think he's gay or there to pick up women or watch us shake our booties.

Why do you have to play it off as anything? If you want to join the class, join the class and enjoy the workout.

He just wants to find a place he feels comfortable at.

So he can wear his mantard:D:D:D

I went with a couple female co-workers to take the Zumba class at the YMCA where I used to live. Went to a few classes and was enjoying it but I was the only guy and I really felt like an intruder. I wasn't in the least bit self conscious of being the only guy, but I got the feeling that some of the ladies in the class were a little more self conscious with a guy in the room when it had always been all ladies. I couldn't go the following week and a couple different women commented to my friend that they felt bad but were happy to see that "the guy" didn't attend today. I enjoyed it, but I had other ways I enjoy doing a cardio workout and decided not to be the interloper in this setting.
Killing threads since 2004.