boinky

Voting Thread: Stop And Smell The Roses-Happy Holidays Style!

Well, the contest is over. And I've finally gotten myself together to post the voting thread. I am very happy to report that we ended up having 12 entries this time. :)
There is a variety of picture quality. But please remember as you start to place your vote, this contest was all about "stopping and smelling the roses" not about the quality of the picture. I want to remind you that we are voting for the quality of the "moment" and not just the "picture!"

I want to thank all of the people that related to me that they really enjoy this contest. I had given thought to discontinuing it. I hope that those that entered enjoyed their moments as much as I enjoyed reading the stories and viewing the pictures.

The stories have become really short, though. I'm going to guess that it's just that the entrants are folks of few words. ;) I hope that you all can get the "feeling" behind their actual words! :)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Entry #1

I just love the sun setting over the water. It makes the prettiest colors. I just had to snap a picture! :)
Nina

Entry #2

It's cold everywhere, right? Someone told me to "drip" the faucets to keep them from freezing. I went out to check the faucet the next morning and found this. Crazily enough, the water still ran...it just ran down the ice slide into the bucket!
Nina

Entry #3

I was driving home on New Year's Day at dusk and there was a huge moon. I zipped into the house, grabbed my camera gear and went to a dark spot to take this picture. What a beautiful way to start the year!
Nina

Entry #5

Going back to Iraq, plane got delayed in Germany, we were snowed in this hotel for a week, so I decided to make the best of it, I like this picture more than the others just because its not something I get to see every day, and even with another deployment coming up, there's always a silver lining to the dark clouds.
Nina

Entry #6

This is from my recent trip to Manhattan - NY, last week...taken with my camera phone from the Empire State Building....it was bone chilling & ass freezing. A state that's rich in history and cultural diversities, I named this one.... "Over Looking Freedom"
Nina

Entry #8

This is from a ride on a Ferris Wheel in Southern California - Irvine Spectrum. Taken from my camera phone, I called it "Spectrum Sunset".
Nina

Entry #10

I was out hiking and saw this tree. If you look at it, it has the side protrusion that looks like a wolf’s head howling. It was cool on that same hike there were a group of fallen trees and one looked like a man’s hoo-hoo. It was funny and weird all at once. I am the type of person who sees different things that are in objects that others would not necessarily see. I guess many days lying on my back as a child looking at clouds finding shapes did me in for the rest of my life, lol.
Nina

Entry #12

The flower is in the wine country, while everyone is in a hurry to taste great wine, I am always looking to stop and see beauty in the area I am in. This daisy having the water droplets had a feel of a jewel and I could not resist, so I stopped to take the picture. The beauty of the wine country at any given season is always an opportunity to stop and smell the roses and observe your surroundings.
Nina

Entry #10

I was out hiking and saw this tree. If you look at it, it has the side protrusion that looks like a wolf’s head howling. It was cool on that same hike there were a group of fallen trees and one looked like a man’s hoo-hoo. It was funny and weird all at once. I am the type of person who sees different things that are in objects that others would not necessarily see. I guess many days lying on my back as a child looking at clouds finding shapes did me in for the rest of my life, lol.

Did DD send it that one:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

:$ awwwww......thanks!

When I mentioned that one of my contestants had a few votes, they said this:

Thanks, but i've already won. I smelled the roses.:)

While it is some work to put these contests and voting pages together, I feel the hard work is done by the entrants. They have to step outside their normal "box" and actually notice things that they might not have noticed before.

THAT makes me feel prouder than a baby duck's momma! :)
Nina

The excitement is over and the dust has settled. The voting process has ended and I would like to thank everyone who participated by either submitting "moments" and/or voting on a "moment." :)

I would like to congratulate DSE for submitting the winning moment, water lilies, in the "Stop and Smell The Roses-Happy Holidays Style" contest! When informed of his win, he had this to say,

Wow! Cool!! Which pic won??

:D
Nina