slj678

Going to vegas

Going to vegas this summer, any cool shit that you absolutely have to see/do while you are there? We will be there for like 9 days so i'm trying to get an idea of stuff to do so it doesn't get old. Stayin on the strip also..
"I didn't know they gave out rings at the holocaust"

Seriously?

When I was at A&M all I could afford to do for a big trip is drive to Big Bend. I slept in my truck and ate MREs for the 5 days I was there!

I turn 30 this year. My wife and I have very good jobs and I still haven't been to Vegas. You suck!

:P

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Going to vegas this summer, any cool shit that you absolutely have to see/do while you are there? We will be there for like 9 days so i'm trying to get an idea of stuff to do so it doesn't get old. Stayin on the strip also..

How about a zip line down the side of a mountain? Way cool.

Bootleg Canyon Flightlines
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

How about a zip line down the side of a mountain? Way cool.

Bootleg Canyon Flightlines

Jeff,

Did you get your Dec & Jan in? Heard you can freeze your ass off up there, literally in your case.

MF
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

Did you get your Dec & Jan in? Heard you can freeze your ass off up there, literally in your case.

Yep. I'm current. 18F on January 9. The ass is still there.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

No trip to Vegas would be complete without seeing Rockets, Big Slick, King Kong, and Ferdinand & Isabella each a few times.

this B|

I'm going at the end of the month and I certainly hope to see them a few times each. at least.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

No trip to Vegas would be complete without seeing Rockets, Big Slick, King Kong, and Ferdinand & Isabella each a few times.

oh, and I forgot, i will be looking for tables where people actually use these terms in conversation, because it just screams:

HERE SITS A BIG FISH! EAT ME!

:ph34r:
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

oh, and I forgot, i will be looking for tables where people actually use these terms in conversation, because it just screams:

HERE SITS A BIG FISH! EAT ME!

:ph34r:

Forget about the old Cliche about "If you don't know who the sucker is at the Table , It is probably you."

Just look for the first person to start quoting Rounders at the table. THAT is usually the sucker.;):D

Absolute must?

RED ROCK CANYON- Cost $5 entrance fee.
Go, but dont just drive the tourist loop. it's gorgeous even if you do just that but get out and HIKE.
-Calico basin.
-La Madre springs for a simpler hike. if you make it to the actual springs(only a few miles) there should be some cool things to see.
-In the same parking lot there is the children discovery trail. If it has rain in the day prior to your visit go find the water fall.
-Ice box canyon is a good one but its a longer more difficult trail.
I have never seen it without water.

another absolute must while you're out there- Bring plenty of water and don't go alone on the harder trails.
On your way back from the day of hiking theres a brewery by the "best buy" on your left (if your driving back on Charleston)

KA- $125-ish per ticket(circue de soliel) If you see one Circue show, see this one. There are NO bad seats in the house. I would try to get somewhere in the center stage but even if you are off to the side you'll love it.

Skydive Mesquite-($jump ticket+gas)
If you are going to jump. it's the only place to go. don't waste your time with the other dz's that say they'll let you jump.

Cappriotti's- ($7- 10)Go to any location cappriotiis and get a philly cheese steak.

Hoover Damn- (Free+gas+souvineers)
Go do the tourist thing. be in awe at how low the water level is. In the 80's it once flooded over the walkway.
Tell me how the newe bridge looks. Haven't been there in a while.
My photos

My Videos

blue man group! B|

I concur i saw them there in January last year, the show was GREATB|B|

A tip for when you buy the tickets, Buy the cheapest ones as the auditorium is not generally full and you can move to the better seats once inside;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My Ka critique:

It has some "kidsy" section where the story becomes a little juvenile and bla. Some of the acts are beautiful, but drag on a bit (the one when they are flying through the grass with the grasshoppers and other insect for example).

BUT

Even if these were major issues with you (and they werent for me and my wife, just small issues) and there were more of them, the last battle scene, alone, is worth the price of admission. And then some.
Remster

Oh, and if you go with your spouse, Zumanity is pretty fun too. You have to have an open mind, and go to have fun.

But dont go if you are taking out a bunch of customers from back-country red-neck areas. Some of the scenes with gay undertones weren't a hit apparently! :D neither was the 6'2" MC waering 6 inch heels and a huge strapon cod piece. Maybe he shouldnt have worn a beard :ph34r:

Remster

Oh, and if you go with your spouse, Zumanity is pretty fun too. You have to have an open mind, and go to have fun.

But dont go if you are taking out a bunch of customers from back-country red-neck areas. Some of the scenes with gay undertones weren't a hit apparently! :D neither was the 6'2" MC waering 6 inch heels and a huge strapon cod piece. Maybe he shouldnt have worn a beard :ph34r:

i went with my wife to Zumanity, even got the couch seats down front....wasn't really impressed, didnt seem that "erotic" kind of flat...thought it would be more "wild." but then again, thats just us. in hind sight we both agreed we should have just gone here...

http://www.vegas.com/nightlife/stripclubs/glittergulch.html :)

The stage alone is worth the price. (I was getting in for free or at 1/2 price.)

I've seen all the cirque shows (except LOVE)
Ka is the one with a storyline.

Mystere has a loose story line- a babys dream
Zumanity- is basicaly an adult acrobatic act. Good to go if you are bringing a date. Not the best if youre conservative.

O was just water acrobatics- cool but nothing drew me in.

I know I forgot a few but that's my assessment.

You can't tell me that you were not impressed by the baton twirler. If THAT blew me away it was a good show.;)

Blue man is good, too. But If I had to see ONE show it would be KA.

My photos

My Videos

Its not meant to be wild IMO... More of an updated cirque version of Burlesque.

But yes, there are wilder things to do. And a strip club, IMO, isnt that much wilder.

i agree...the club suggestion was kind of a joke, but if you want to experience "all" of Vegas, you have to drop into at least one club. Call it...research. On a side note...my wife actually did a small acting part as a stripper, and to get the mind set, she hung out and talked with the strippers, (most seemed to be really a bit off kilter) and actually worked one night at the "Body Shop" in LA. We love going to theater shows, all kinds...still think "Rent" was one of the best. But Zumanity just didnt do it for us...

there is also a DZ in Jean, but not sure if this is the one where there are no Up-jumpers. I stopped by once, they seemed ok with me jumping there, but I did not have my rig with me.