Tiger6513

How many Skydivers are Service Connected?

Just curious, I work in a VA Medical Center and I am proud to serve those who have served us. I am not however not myself service connected. Listening to friends and patients stories has been one of the most rewarding aspects of my work, and I have talked to many ex-paratroopers and special ops who have jumped, and have chosen to continue or get back in the air. On the other hand, many Vets who had thier fill in the service and had no interest in "fun jumping" after their tour(s). Just wanted to see what you all think...
Travis Roy Foundation. At very least its a tax write off

you don't have my option -

former service member - started jumping before I joined

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Started while on active duty and continue still today.
The plan is to continue till I need a wheel chair, then move to a place where the DZ has a Casa or Skyvan so I can get the wheel chair on board.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Just curious, I work in a VA Medical Center and I am proud to serve those who have served us. I am not however not myself service connected.

When you say "Service Connected" do you mean disabled % service connected or are you referring to a jumper who picked up this sport as a result of being connected to a government service? (Man, I complicated that, didn't I?)

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

you don't have my option -

former service member - started jumping before I joined

+1. ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I started when they had military clubs, you paid monthly dues of about 5.00 and jumped from Hueys.

Word. Trojan Sport Parachute Club. When we didn't have Hueys, they subsidized (50%) our civilian jumps.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

I went and got myself promoted out of being able to have fun out of the back of helicopters in the Navy and found skydiving as a way to fill a void.

Overnight, I went from flying Search and Rescue in the Sierra Nevada mountains to driving a desk. [:/]

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

Just curious, I work in a VA Medical Center and I am proud to serve those who have served us. I am not however not myself service connected.

When you say "Service Connected" do you mean disabled % service connected or are you referring to a jumper who picked up this sport as a result of being connected to a government service? (Man, I complicated that, didn't I?)

TripleF

No I am just talking about anybody who is or has been in service, overseas/domestic whatever.
Travis Roy Foundation. At very least its a tax write off

I was never in the service, I was traveling with the carnival during Vietnam, we never used our SS cards, so the Government literally had no records of us, No Carny ever got drafted!

I am now a member of the "Pariot Guard Riders" we stand in respect to returning servicemen and stand flag lines at their Funerals, by requist of the family!

Even if you don't ride, Join the Patriot Guard Riders , and let our Soldiers know we are behind them! http://www.patriotguard.org/