Squeak

My 1st PM Attack

Hitting back publicly would be actually outing the sender, that's not what was done. This is an indirect weaselly sort of attack IMO. [...]
If you're gonna drag someone through the mud, do it directly.

Agree partially.. Just that outing the person directly is a more full-on smack in the face whereas a mild indirect rebuff is a bit of a slap on the wrist.. Depends on whether you like to go for the jugular or whether you prefer to give a gentle "warning"..
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

...what's wrong with posting anything as long as the originator is not identified?

Because most "regulars" probably know who sent it because they've seen the posts made and know who's pissed off who recently.

Anyone else could just read back a few days posts or so of the person that received the PM and have a good idea who it might be or at least be able to narrow it down.

Just because the name isn't provided in the thread, it's damn sure not anonymous. :|

And so it shouldn't be, grow the fuck up and dont send petulant immature PMs like that and you can bet they wont be posted openly.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Looks like I can still PM you

Uh, nope - not even God The Flying Spaghetti Monster can.

Oh you're right.. Just tried.. :( And I thought I was special..

There is a short-bus joke here somewhere.>:(

Right.. Now I'm gonna send YOU a nasty PM!! :D:D

Now you know I just live for chicks talking dirty to me.:)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Hitting back publicly would be actually outing the sender, that's not what was done. This is an indirect weaselly sort of attack IMO. [...]

Agree partially.. Just that outing the person directly is a more full-on smack in the face whereas a mild indirect rebuff is a bit of a slap on the wrist.. Depends on whether you like to go for the jugular or whether you prefer to give a gentle "warning"..

My guess is it has more to do with forum rules regarding PA's and trolling then going gentle. [:/]

Weasel attackers generally know just to what they can get away with and set it up so for any sort of direct rebuttal the other party would be forced to break forum rules. :|

Weasels don't attack their own kind either.

Anyone wanna guess who it was:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Same guy who fucked up your caliper shipment?:D

Hadn't thought of that:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

...But the receiver of the message has absolutely no obligation to keep said message anonymous.. Listen.. If you attack someone privately, there's nothing saying that person shouldn't hit back publicly..

It's called Net Etiquette.

Besides.. You just said something to piss the person off - in my book public humiliation is fair play!! It's not necessarily what I would do, but what the hell do you expect?!

A little maturity, maybe? I'm just sayin'

Bottom line is if you don't want something you said to be repeated - don't fucking say it in the first place!!!

How many of us are guilty of that?
:D:D

...squeek can do whatever the hell he wants with *his* messages! (Even if it is considered slightly "uncool".)

Amen sistah! Tell it! Tell it to all those demons!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...what's wrong with posting anything as long as the originator is not identified?

Because most "regulars" probably know who sent it because they've seen the posts made and know who's pissed off who recently.

Anyone else could just read back a few days posts or so of the person that received the PM and have a good idea who it might be or at least be able to narrow it down.

Just because the name isn't provided in the thread, it's damn sure not anonymous. :|

And so it shouldn't be, grow the fuck up and dont send petulant immature PMs like that and you can bet they wont be posted openly.

So why'd you just not directly out them?

I agree don't say things you don't want repeated but if one is gonna go public with a PM they received at least have the balls to say who it's from so that person can respond in kind.

I didnt think that it would ne necessary to say directly who it was who sent it as it was pretty apparent to most.
I was also mostly announcing my beer PM Attack.
but rest assured if you send me shit like that expect it to be posted here, and for the sake of Bolas and his ilk, if i do get anymore from anyone I'll cite them with full references for you:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Is this anything like a BM attack?

If it happened in the AM, then yes.

Thats the shits!

Depends...

hard to scoop that one!

You can flush something out if ya try!

you win, I am wiped out!

Fling it if you can't bring it.

That's corny one

Give us the whole story cheeky dude.

Ever seen a starfish puke refried beans?

Are we done littering this post with bad puns yet?

:S
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Is this anything like a BM attack?

If it happened in the AM, then yes.

Thats the shits!

Depends...

hard to scoop that one!

You can flush something out if ya try!

you win, I am wiped out!

Fling it if you can't bring it.

That's corny one

Give us the whole story cheeky dude.

Ever seen a starfish puke refried beans?

Are we done littering this post with bad puns yet?

:S

Yeah...no shit, what's up with that?!

Just toasts my puns when someone hijacks a critical thread...>:(

~we now return you to 'As The Prop Turns' with today's discussion centering on who called whom an asshat...and whether the hat should be worn in public or private, ~ (Fade in):D:D:D:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I agree don't say things you don't want repeated but if one is gonna go public with a PM they received at least have the balls to say who it's from so that person can respond in kind.

I didnt think that it would ne necessary to say directly who it was who sent it as it was pretty apparent to most.
I was also mostly announcing my beer PM Attack.
but rest assured if you send me shit like that expect it to be posted here, and for the sake of Bolas and his ilk, if i do get anymore from anyone I'll cite them with full references for you:)

Dude,

You're having way too much fun with this.;)

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Dude,

You're having way too much fun with this.;)

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

It's the internUt it's purely here for my pleasure:D:D:D

FWIW (i.e. fuckall) I am having a great laugh time with it:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yeah... That'll work just as much as telling Ryoder that you'll dress up like a sexy nurse and administer spankings. :ph34r:
Remster

Yeah... That'll work just as much as telling Ryoder that you'll dress up like a sexy nurse and administer spankings. :ph34r:

I'm still waiting for my nasty PM.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Weasel attackers generally know just to what they can get away with and set it up so for any sort of direct rebuttal the other party would be forced to break forum rules. :|

Well, technically Squeak only repeated what was said to him.. If the PM-attacker ends up looking like a knob it's purely on the basis of what he said.. So if he didn't want to come off looking like a numpty he should have worded the PM a little differently.. (Or not sent it at all.)

Was it immature for the PM-attacker to send that nastygram? Probably. Was it immature of Squeak to post the PM on here? Probably. Was it immature for all of us to laugh at it? Most definitely!!

At the end of the day, if you post (or PM) on here, you open yourself up to daily ridicule - anyone who is a regular here should know that by now!! :ph34r::ph34r::P
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I'm a mouse, look at the pic over there

Oh BTW do you not see the irony in what you are posting in relation to me, and doing pretty much what you yourself describe:D:D
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Oh BTW do you not see the irony in what you are posting in relation to me, and doing pretty much what you yourself describe:D:D

Hafta fight fire with fire sometimes. :ph34r:
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Yes. You are Pinky and not the Brain...
YUP:)
Brain is having a baby...FUCK THAT:ph34r::ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yes. You are Pinky and not the Brain...
YUP:)
Brain is having a baby...FUCK THAT:ph34r::ph34r:

Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky...?
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.