shah269

Am I strange for not wanting kids?

Im sorry to hear that. And I think youre doing the right thing by not having kids before you are 100% certain you want them.

It happens. Believe it or not I think it was for the better.
The way she, my X, was treating me I was slowly becoming some one I didn't like. But I did all I could do from books to therapy and still it was a lost cause.

And so at 33, an engineer, with two cats, I'm dating....or at least trying to date and this is what I got hit with right out of the gates. Heck who am I kidding, i git hit with this over coffee! I could only imagine what I would have gotten hit with if I were on a real date!

Biology is powerful and from what I can tell half these women in my age bracket are either looking for a baby dady or daddy for the baby they want to have next year. It's scary!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

We separated a few months ago and will be divorced after our taxes are filed.
Long story short.....it's complicated and well some times you can do every thing right and still not make it.

Translation:
She started reading dropzone.com and found those posts about "cankles".[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

No, unfortunately I wish it were that easy. But those remarks came from what I was becoming due to our relationship. [:/]

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

It might be a culture thing too bro. My mom bugged me for grand kids for a long time. She finally gave up knowing that it was not phase i really did not want kids.

I don't want kids, but a lot of that has to do with my life and where i am at. First gen. Immigrants start from zero at least i did, and i don't want to bring kids in to this world when i am not financially secured.

Even then i am not sure if i want kids just for selfish reasons. I think life is very boring and kids take away a lot of time so when you do get some you appreciate it a lot more.

I also don't know for me and most of my friends who have lived half here and half there its hard to fit in any where. So thats qan issuie as well.

Your not weird were all weird.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I don't want kids, but a lot of that has to do with my life and where i am at. First gen. Immigrants start from zero at least i did, and i don't want to bring kids in to this world when i am not financially secured.

I'm the same way mate, came to this country with nothing more than one suit case of clothes for 4 people. And finally at the age of 33 i can almost say I'm comfortable but by no means secure nor steady.

I mean if I were a native, I could rely on grandparents to take care of the kids, or my parents to help out if things got complicated....but it's just me and my parents are worse off than me.

So how dare I bring a life into such a state?
Well thanks every one, I greatly appreciated the help.
I feel much better about myself and my life choices.
Thank you.

I did not want kids now that I have them I would give anything for them. Its one of those things until you have one you will never understand. Kind of like skydiving until you make a skydive people never understand why its so important to you. Are you strange no but life changes and its changes a TON!!! 5 years trust me at 33 you will be a different person.

WHY would you give up the bike? I used it as an excuse to build more...[:/]

Look mate you are the exception.
I can't tell you the number of guys who "had" to loose their bikes because of the up coming kid. Just check craigs list!
Hell I depend on those guys for my spare parts for my bike! And to pick up that slightly used 848 that I've been dreaming of

I can't imagin life without motorcycles...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/thinker.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/wilmountains.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/apes/ridenknuck014.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/field/100_0323.jpg

I didn't lose my bike...just had to quit B.A.S.E. jumpin'...:S:ph34r:;)

but to be fair, 'mom' quit flying aerobatics too.

Mike Mango?.....Although I think him a Julie are still both doing areobatics!

Not strange at all.

I originally did not want kids either. No way in hell I wanted to deal with a Rug Rat.

Then a Kid showed up and I could not imagine life with her. Best thing that ever happened to me.

Now my "Kid" turns 18 tomorrow. I would turn the clock back and do it all again in a heartbeat if I could.

B|B|

Funny how kids kinda make US grow up huh?! ;)

Not so sure about the growing up part. ;p

I mentioned this to my daughter (turn back the clok and do it again) and she said "Un-Huh!! No way I am raising you again!":P:D:D

Cheesy Ass Video complete with sappy music that shows her raising me over the past 18 years here.

That was a great video, dude! I have 3 daughters, the oldest is about to be 15. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. :)
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

They can be fun, like watching sunsets on the roof, we hop up there every time the sky gives us a Lighhtshow at sunset...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/roofsunset05.jpg

raised right, you take them along while jumping..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/hawaii1070.jpg
Teach them how to fly...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/hawaii1082.jpg

Then you have a built in, On Board camera man..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/hawaii1085.jpg
Plus, teach them to pack.....BIG bonus....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/rigger.jpg

No I will never stop skydiving or rock climbing

So when are you actually going to start skydiving again and pass AFF?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I didn't want kids either, but later on something was missing. Being single didn't help but I always wanted a son. So I went out and got one.

It was quite common years ago especially for single farmers to go out and adopt a kid from the local orphanage. So I basically did the same thing.

The process was a real pain (background checks, etc.), but it was worth it.

I adopted a 9 year old boy from the State of Florida back in '87 and he's 32 now (I tell him he's 32 going on 12) which is about right sometimes. (SEE PIX)

Anyway I quit skydiving for a few years and went through the usual Dad shit of coaching soccer, little league, etc for about 10 years.

Now I can't imagine a life without a kid, but its nice to have them grown too. I travel quite a bit these days and we talk several times a day (I am and will always be his Papa).
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

Ever tried to explain skydiving to a whuffo?
Same w/ a kiddo/kids!

You can't!

Honest.
Am I strange for not wanting kids?
I'm strange for a lot of reasons. But am I over the top for not wanting kids?
I understand women have this biological urge to reproduce but well, I'm a guy, biology doesn't effect me much and well...I like all my toys and I'm finally getting on my feet.
Does that make me strange?

Overlooking all the fucked up stuff you have posted and assuming that this is a legitimate question, I will answer this question. I am 42 yrs old and my wife is xx. Neither one of us ever wanted children. Everyone told us we needed them but no one ever came up with a good arguement.

The only thing that has slightly bothered me about not having any is that i am the end of our family blood line.

Having started this post the way I did, I think you yank peoples chains and would still drink a beer with you in Fitzgerald. If you are as fucked up as you seem here then I might pop you in the mouth.:D

"The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents, and the second half by our children."

-- Clarence Darrow

Our children have been the source of amazing joy. At times they have been the source of amazing frustration. Has the good outweighed the bad? Enormously. Would I do it all again? Yes.

Is it for everyone? No, but you'd be surprised how easily you fall in love with those kids. Yes, your life changes, but it doesn't stop.

With the help of grandparents, V and I have still managed a few boogies here and there, a few trips to Europe. We've drug the kids many places, camping, China, the DZ, where ever we were going. The result has been some very self confident, independent young adults that are a real joy to hang out with.

Shah, if you're as impatient as your posts, don't have kids.:P

Hey dont forget a LOT of free packjobs... EVEN that total malfunction he packed you was for free:ph34r::ph34r:

Not strange at all.

I originally did not want kids either. No way in hell I wanted to deal with a Rug Rat.

Then a Kid showed up and I could not imagine life with her. Best thing that ever happened to me.

Now my "Kid" turns 18 tomorrow. I would turn the clock back and do it all again in a heartbeat if I could.

B|B|

Funny how kids kinda make US grow up huh?! ;)

Not so sure about the growing up part. ;p

I mentioned this to my daughter (turn back the clok and do it again) and she said "Un-Huh!! No way I am raising you again!":P:D:D

Cheesy Ass Video complete with sappy music that shows her raising me over the past 18 years here.

She's 18 now? >:(

Someone had ta do it. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

No I will never stop skydiving or rock climbing

So when are you actually going to start skydiving again and pass AFF?

This spring. I'll be back in the air. :)

The only thing that has slightly bothered me about not having any is that i am the end of our family blood line.

You don't have any brothers or cousins with the Spence name that have a son somewhere? I can understand your feeling there if that is the case.

I'm off the hook. My dad's first cousin has a son that can keep the family name going. I'm positively absolutely DONE after two girls. I just haven't gotten around to having the snip snip part done. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

No. You're not strange for not wanting kids. Just ensure that you're smart about your actions if you're sound in your decision.

Not trying to send this to SC, but.....

Knowing your stance on your desire to have children, that leaves you in a stance to be responsible in your "activities" at all times. We all know the possible outcome of a poor decision and that may leave you with more than you wanted. Not trying to give you the birds and the bees talk here.

Regardless of your stance on abortion/adoption, it's better to avoid the necessity to make a decision. I won't state my personal opinion, so as to try to leave it as a neutral statement and avoid movement of the thread.

Again, just trying to throw out that little suggestion of conscientious responsibility at all times. You probably don't need it, so take it for what it's worth. No insult intended by my statement, so I hope you don't think I'm questioning your intelligence.

Hell, let's be honest. I'm probably the last person to talk about responsibility... I can't even keep track of my pants when I'm at the DZ!:D

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

You adopted three kids from Russia???:o
Poor Airtwardo doesn't realize he was the victim of a Cold War plot to insert three sleeper agents into the US.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.