shah269

Am I strange for not wanting kids?

Honest.
I'm strange for a lot of reasons. But am I over the top for not wanting kids?
I understand women have this biological urge to reproduce but well, I'm a guy, biology doesn't effect me much and well...I like all my toys and I'm finally getting on my feet.
Does that make me strange?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Honest.
I understand women have this biological urge to reproduce but well, I'm a guy, biology doesn't effect me much and well...I like all my toys and I'm finally getting on my feet.

I think you spawning a child would be a bad idea. So I say go get snipped and prevent it from ever happening.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

I think it's a family thing.
No one in my family wants kids.
Not my younger brother nor my cousins.
We like kids and make great god parents and what not...but we just don't want any of our own nor desire to.
My cousin Layla, 30years old and actually wants to get her tubes tided. Again, no kids and no desire.
But I figured it was just a family "thing" and I would ask others.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Honest.

Again... you're generalizing.

I do not want kids. I am way too selfish and impatient to raise a child. Not to mention I like to sleep late. :P

Kids would interfere with my lifestyle (travel, skydiving, etc.) and at my age (41), it would be a serious mistake.

JMHO
Always be kinder than you feel.

I almost posted this same thread last night....

Had a friend tell me I was crazy and that no matter what I tell him he thinks I want/need kids one day, that nothing in life will ever be as fulfilling as having kids and that I will never be happy if Im 40 one day and childless. And that I shouldnt be with my boyfriend because he doesnt want any either...:S

How does your wife feel on the topic?

Again... you're generalizing.
I'm sorry I couldn't think of a better way to put it.
But ok thank you. I too like to sleep late and travel and enjoy life as well and just thought that maybe I was being selfish or something?

As for my x wife....we separated a few months ago and will be getting a divorce after our taxes come back. A very amicable separation....didn't want to have them either.

I almost posted this same thread last night....

Had a friend tell me I was crazy and that no matter what I tell him he thinks I want/need kids one day, that nothing in life will ever be as fulfilling as having kids and that I will never be happy if Im 40 one day and childless. And that I shouldnt be with my boyfriend because he doesnt want any either...:S

At 22 I asked my gyno to tie my tubes. She said no way at that age. I did end up trying for kids, with no luck, when I was married. But.... I think that was more of what my ex-husband wanted. I am now in the process of doing the doctor's appointments to get my tubes tied. YAY!!! The last thing this world needs would be a mini-me running around.

Never change your mind to have kids because a guy wants them.

Luckily, my boyfriend doesn't care about having kids either way and he's 40. He says, "If it happens, it happens." No worries, no pressure. Awesome. :)
And I know I've made the right decision after sitting on a plane for 2 hours listening to screaming kids. NO THANKS!! :P

Well...I guess hell may have frozen over.
LuckyMcSwervy, thank you. I greatly appreciate it. I feel less of a selfish freak reading your words. It's good to know that I was just around those who I really didn't connect with. Thank you.
Again, skydivers, are there any better people?

I believe that babies are one of Gods great miracles. How 2 people can come togethr and with just a small bit of each of them, a new person is created. And I thank God every day that he has never visited that miracle on me.

If men were the ones to get pregnant and deliver the babies, the species would die out in 1 generation.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

When I was younger I didn't want children. I ended up getting married and he wanted kids. I thought it was important to him and agreed. We have two beautiful girls. We later divorced and I absolutely love my kids. He is a phenomenal dad and we do an excellent job co-parenting and sharing custody.

I am happy and blessed I have my two girls.

But I also don't think I would have been unhappy if I had decided not to have children. I don't think I would have had regret or felt the biological clock ticking.

Since he is active and shares parenting time equally I get the best of both worlds. I am a mom and have every other week to be single and live life travel and be happy. :)

Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

If men were the ones to get pregnant and deliver the babies, the species would die out in 1 generation.

it really is amazing how people people can absolutely generalize about others when it's negative

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

From overpopulation.

Guys would be pregnant all the time to show they were getting some. :P

No kids for me either thanks. Doesn't fit with my lifestyle as well as I feel I'd be leaving them a shit storm of a world to deal with when I was gone. [:/]

Being an uncle is good enough for me. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Same here.
I'm a great uncle or a god father.
I buy all the kids stuff their parents won't let them have and really don't mind kids. I think they are great fun and a blast. BUT...I don't wish to have any of my own.

LuckyMcSwervy, thank you. I greatly appreciate it. I feel less of a selfish freak reading your words. It's good to know that I was just around those who I really didn't connect with. Thank you.

You're welcome.

No: Kids require a lifetime commitment that does not end just because they turn 21 and leave the house and go out on their own.If someone is not prepared to commit the rest of their life to their kids then don't bother.

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

You're welcome.

Alright, that's it.

The world is coming to an end, the apocolypse is here.

Lucky and Shah agree on something:P
:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

"The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents, and the second half by our children."

-- Clarence Darrow

Our children have been the source of amazing joy. At times they have been the source of amazing frustration. Has the good outweighed the bad? Enormously. Would I do it all again? Yes.

Is it for everyone? No, but you'd be surprised how easily you fall in love with those kids. Yes, your life changes, but it doesn't stop.

With the help of grandparents, V and I have still managed a few boogies here and there, a few trips to Europe. We've drug the kids many places, camping, China, the DZ, where ever we were going. The result has been some very self confident, independent young adults that are a real joy to hang out with.

Shah, if you're as impatient as your posts, don't have kids.:P