Hooknswoop

Average Peak Force

I checked the lavel of a MR-109-M for the Average Peak forces from TSO testing and it isn't on the label. It is required to be marked on the canopy per AS8015B. I e-mailed PA about it and I'll post their reply.

Amazing how many "T"'s don't get crossed and "I"'s dotted.

Derek

Go look at just about any reserve ripcord assembly out their today and see if they have the following.

AS8915-B
Markings:

4.2.2 Primary Actuation Device/Ripcord: The following information shall be marked on the primary
actuation device/ripcord:
a. Part number, including dash number
b. Manufacturer’s identification
c. TSO-C23( )
d. Batch, serial number, or date of manufacture (month and year)

Would have saved a lot of trouble during the pin problem.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I checked the lavel of a MR-109-M for the Average Peak forces from TSO testing and it isn't on the label. It is required to be marked on the canopy per AS8015B. I e-mailed PA about it and I'll post their reply.

Amazing how many "T"'s don't get crossed and "I"'s dotted.

Derek

Refresh my memory, is the MR-109-M TSO'd under C or D? From memeroy I don't believe C requires peak force data displayed whereas D does require it (I don't have alot of dealings with 23 C).

Mick.

Sparky,

I was on the TSO committee when this req'ment came into being and I also could not figure out just how anyone was going to meet this req'ment.
I was having breakfast with Elek Puskas during this time and asked him how they intended to meet this req'ment. He said that they would put the req'd info on a tag attached to the ripcord.

My ripcords are TSO'd under 23b (that's another long, interesting story) and I put the info onto a tag, attach tag to the ripcord & tell owner to save the tag.

A lot of great/crazy ideas come up during the development of any new standards (I've also served on many standard committees where I used to work; same type of problems). Making them work in the real world is the hard part.

Now that you have some time on your hands, why not get on the TSO committee; you would have fun and get terribly frustrated (I know this)?

Now that you have some time on your hands, why not get on the TSO committee; you would have fun and get terribly frustrated (I know this)?

Not a chance. Just trying to understand some of AS8015B or PIA TS-135 makes me sit in the corner and play with my lip.:S

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals