Calvin19

a jumper died today

Was this the Tow plane pilot on the today show today?

The tow pilot was Alex. Himself and the pilots of the Cirrus were killed. The today show guy was the glider pilot and passengers. he did nothing really special, not bad that he is being hailed a hero, but he did nothing really. the tow rope on the glider side has a weak link as well as a directional hook, any load that is not from forward it falls off. he did a good job keeping his head and bringing the passengers back to the airport though.

new link for Alex and my Rope Jumping film
http://vimeo.com/9330103

To those who haven't seen it already I strongly recommend this film. It is a great watch and show's the work and adventure of some young, intelligent, innovative, and dedicated friends doing absolutely amazing feats. My description does it no justice however, you just need to watch it.

Ditto..........

Was this the Tow plane pilot on the today show today?

The tow pilot was Alex. Himself and the pilots of the Cirrus were killed. The today show guy was the glider pilot and passengers. he did nothing really special, not bad that he is being hailed a hero, but he did nothing really. the tow rope on the glider side has a weak link as well as a directional hook, any load that is not from forward it falls off. he did a good job keeping his head and bringing the passengers back to the airport though.

By the discription given by the glider Pilot, the Tow Pilot never had a chance....Blind sided!:(

http://vimeo.com/9330103I don't think I've ever watched anything that long on the computer before (not much of a videos person). Worth every second. Thanks.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)