DigitalDave

Irrational fears

Mine......I am completely scared of swimming in a lake.....(wait for it...)......because of the dead people.

Yep....I can't swim in lakes because the dead people, which there are LOADS of them. They will reach up and grab my legs.

There's a reason your parents didn't want you to watch those horror films as a kid.

I swear it's all my dad's fault! He would make me watch the cheesy horror movies. At one point in time I loved them.......but now I can't stand the dark and panic like a freak in lakes.

A couple summers ago a friend pushed me off the end of a dock, not understanding how horrible my fear was. Yep, I looked like a fool.....started to panic, completely forgot how to swim, another friend ended up jumping in to help me to shore.

Gia.....the sharks in the ocean eat all the dead people. :)

Mine......I am completely scared of swimming in a lake.....(wait for it...)......because of the dead people.

Yep....I can't swim in lakes because the dead people, which there are LOADS of them. They will reach up and grab my legs.

I can swim in rivers and the ocean.....but lakes, I will hyperventilate. Totally and completely irrational.....but I can't get over it.

Let me guess, you've got a lake named "Crystal Lake" near your home? Or watched Friday The 13th a few too many times? :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Let me guess, you've got a lake named "Crystal Lake" near your home? Or watched Friday The 13th a few too many times? :D

Nope to both of the questions......I really don't know what movie caused the fear. The last Harry Potter movie had a totally freaky dead people in a lake scene.

Nope to both of the questions......I really don't know what movie caused the fear. The last Harry Potter movie had a totally freaky dead people in a lake scene.

I have spent quite a bit of time swimming, snorkling, fishing and sky jumping into MacGregor Lake.... and have yet to see any Inferie in the day or at night.

Fuck spiders. Seriously.

I'd gladly take a bath in spiders, as long as I never, ever, ever, ever fucking wake up with this thing in the room!

ACK another reason to be fearful of the ocean! [/pirate]

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I suffered immensely early on with the very gut-wrenching fear that my leg straps were going to break at opening.

I still sometimes think about it.
:S

Grab hold of your risers during opening. As long as you have hold of the risers, you'll be fine. :P

Funny you should mention that. From AFF Level 1 - I was grabbing for risers right off the bat thinking I might be able to just hold on to them and fly like that.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...I have spent quite a bit of time swimming, snorkling, fishing and sky jumping into MacGregor Lake.... and have yet to see any Inferie in the day or at night.

That doesn't mean they aren't there.
:o
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...I have spent quite a bit of time swimming, snorkling, fishing and sky jumping into MacGregor Lake.... and have yet to see any Inferie in the day or at night.

Pops!!!! Stop it!!!! I love MacGregor lake......I can even wade out to the tops of my knees there....its so crystal clear that you can see the dead people coming for you. (Yes...that is really my reasoning) Don't go ruining that!!!!

There was once a time long ago in the history of England where those who rejected the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church were tortured to death by pouring molten lead into their ears and mouths.

Do you suppose those were the original musket-ball molds?

Pops!!!! Stop it!!!! I love MacGregor lake......I can even wade out to the tops of my knees there....its so crystal clear that you can see the dead people coming for you. (Yes...that is really my reasoning) Don't go ruining that!!!!

You should get a mask and snorkle and fins.... once you get away from the ramp there by the end of Lost Prairie Road.. the water is even clearer. At the state park on the west end of the lake I have seen 100' visibility.:)
Oh and when we were trolling for lake trout we were fishing the eastern deep end of the lake where its almost 300' deep. There were plenty of fish on the depth finder down at 190' and not a single inferie on the scope at all.:ph34r:

you can see the dead people coming for you.

Underwater dead people can be terribly pale. Are you sure that you can see them? The splotches blend well with the stones on the bottom too. As long as they move slow, could probably get right up on you before you notice.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

you can see the dead people coming for you.

Underwater dead people can be terribly pale. Are you sure that you can see them? The splotches blend well with the stones on the bottom too. As long as they move slow, could probably get right up on you before you notice.

Nope....you can TOTALLY see them! Now no more crazy talk....you are spooking me out!

Amazon.........there is no way that I could actually swim in the lake. I'd love to see all the fish and craw dads.....but you know that they eat the rotting flesh off the dead people.

.you can TOTALLY see them!

Sorry. Been involved with a few recoveries. Not uncommon for the divers to find the body by touch only. The only variable is do the divers touch the dead or do the dead touch the divers?

DANG IT!!!! Yuck yuck yuck........argh.....I really wish I didn't read that.

Fuck spiders. Seriously.

I'd gladly take a bath in spiders, as long as I never, ever, ever, ever fucking wake up with this thing in the room!

What the hell are those?? OMG I would not want to wake to any of those either.
Them is good eatin is what those are. we call them Morton Bay Bugs here :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

What about your fear of Gatorade bottles ? :o

I did, at one time, have a Power Hitter styled like a Gatorade bottle. DZO never figured it out. I wasn't afraid of it though.
I seem to recall a story about you getting something stuck in a bottle once.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Damn that thing is whack too. As long as it doesn't run very fast it isn't too bad. Something about bugs/animals being bigger gives me the sense that I can actually transmit enough energy into them to kill them, where as spiders will just curl up into little balls and be saved by the gap in tread in your shoes, only to climb up your leg and eat your nuts off when you are sleeping. ugh!!!!!!!!!!!