armyranger

Paracommander Packing Instructions?

try this, goto

http://www.parachuteriggers.com/packing%20instructions.htm

click on link Para-Commander Owners Manual

It will generate a message to request the manual (you can click on the line below and it will work)

webmaster@@skydiveky.com?subject=I would like to get a copy of your Para-Commander Owners Manual, your file, para-comander.pdf.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Everyone who was around in the days of PC's and such know that all the manual will say is, "Pleat and fold the canopy in the normal manner. Stow the lines in the normal manner. Close the container in the normal manner" !!

...and walk away... :D

Chuck

Step 1: Place canopy/container in a large duffle bag.

Step 2: Place duffel bag in the closet

Step 3 : Lock closet door.

No, no, no! That's a waste of closet space!

Step 1. Place canopy/container in a large duffel bag.

Step 2: Donate duffel bag to a non-profit private school for kids to play with at recess.

Step 3: Write off donation as a tax deduction.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I am curious as to whether or not the people shunning PC's are people who have ever jumped a PC before. I have never jumped a round parachute, but I am not about to call them useless. I guess I landed a PC once after parasailing it, but that was about it. They saved lives years ago, if they are still in good maintenence, why would they not save lives now? I guess I am assuming too much, I'm sure that people's comments are in a joking manner, but really, they can't be too bad.

Cheers,
Travis

You are correct sir, the PC is a great canopy and almost 95% of those bashing them or other rounds
have never jumped them or only rode a reserve once or twice.
My good friend Roger "ottis" Humphrey who turned 70 last year has been on every all round load at the richmond boogie for the last 8 yrs.
He will laugh in the face of any young or old punkass who mouths off about how bad rounds are while he put's on his retro rig, last year he did 4 PC jumps.
I jumped a T-10 last sunday, why? Just for the fun of it, a 1964 switlik with one jump on it.
Most jumpers today couldn't even spot one let alone land the damm thing on the DZ.
In short most just don't know what the hell their talking about and have never and would never jump a round today because they believe all the crap they hear about how bad rounds are by people who have no experience to talk in the first place.
That type of flying and spotting is a lost art in todays sport.
If anyone want to jump one, they should, just make sure to get trained and use safe gear, just because it old DON"T make it unsafe, just different!
How's that saying go? oh yea, SHUT UP AND JUMP!

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I am curious as to whether or not the people shunning PC's are people who have ever jumped a PC before. I have never jumped a round parachute, but I am not about to call them useless. I guess I landed a PC once after parasailing it, but that was about it. They saved lives years ago, if they are still in good maintenence, why would they not save lives now? I guess I am assuming too much, I'm sure that people's comments are in a joking manner, but really, they can't be too bad.

My first 50 jumps were on rounds. Am I nostaligic for 5 mph forward speed and no flare? HELL NO! A f**king round broke my back on my first jump. Friends don't let friends jump rounds.

And furthermore, nylon fabric rots from age and no amount of tender loving care can stop that. On numerous occasions I have seen reserves that were ~20 years old, but looked brand new, tear like kleenex. Most of the old round gear is in excess of that age now. It isn't safe to jump canopies that old. Period.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Most of the old round gear is in excess of that age now. It isn't safe to jump canopies that old. Period.
(quote)

Oh really, I know a few master riggers who would tell you, your full of shit.
And I would agree that your full of shit!

for 5 mph forward speed and no flare?
(quote)
REALLY< again you don't seem to know what the hell your talking about, I get a great flare out of my MK-1
and my jumbo and my 27 ft. russian and stand them up regularly.
And they all fly faster then 5mph.

A f**king round broke my back on my first jump.
(quote)
The canopy didn't break your back! Sounds to me like you just fucked your landing and didn't plf worth a shit.

Out of the 52 rounds jumped at my dz last season
NONE of them blew up and no one got busted up,
but Scotty Carbone did strained his lower back on landing, but then again his is a PHAT ass!
In the last ten years of the all round loads at the richmond boogie NOT ONE canopy has blown up or
ripped like kleenex when pull tested, almost all of these canopies are probably older then you are, I been jumping my 1965 MK-1 for the last 24 years
at least 3 to 4 or more times a year, funny it never has blown up and still gives me great stand up landings.
Sorry but I don't think you know what the hell your talking about!

~

I've stood up a lot of PC and T-10s, but they can also suddenly start oscillating and pound you into the ground.

The reserves from the good old bad old days really suck compared to what is available now.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

suddenly start oscillating and pound you into the ground.
(quote)
Rarely they do, unlike a flat circ. or unmod.

The reserves from the good old bad old days really suck compared to what is available now (quote)

No shit really, LOL. still don't make them unsafe, and sure beats nothing.
If rounds (main or reserves) are so fucking unsafe and a bad canopies, then why do you find so many of them in bail out rigs and jet jockey seats still today, maybe because there proven to work quite well and have saved many a life when needed.

If you don't jump one anymore or have a round reserve, fine thats your right not to, but to talk shit about them to people and tell them there unsafe and no good is just plain fucked up and not the real truth.:P

~

The VERY first PC Packing Manuals had lots of photos on how to do it; I know, I owned PC Ser #363. The only problem was the photos did NOT tell you what to do with the d@&m louver panels (the thrust slots, I think we called them).

Also, with a longer bridle, Pioneer actually got a TSO for the original Mark I PC. Just a little trivia for those who need to know.

Hey Jerry,
I'll be send out a check to you for the "Eddie brown" rig next week.
Thanks for going the extra mile on that deal.
You were right it's very clean.
With that canopy, now we do a 8-way all round red white and blue load on the 4th o july.B|
again thanks....:)
~

You are VERY opinionated (quote)

well sometimes, but mostly I think it's funny how so many people bash rounds, I see all the time at the dz all kinds of young and old jumpers who have never seen one open and flying or even jumped one
but yet they "know all about them" and how dangerous and unsafe they are.

And they are if you don't know what the hell your doing just like any other skydiving rig.

seem to be stuck in the 60's (quote)

Not really but those were the days I grew around the dz and that is all there was to jump, remember when a PC was a "hotrod".

One of these days I really hope to run into you. (quote)

Me too and the first cold one is on me.B|
We may have met when I was a kid and you were running around with "Shorty J." and LSPC gang throwing elmo out but I'm not sure, after all it was a long time ago.

Have a great weekend....

~

The reserves from the good old bad old days really suck compared to what is available now (quote)

No shit really, LOL. still don't make them unsafe, and sure beats nothing.

I never said and don't think they're unsafe, I just know they are a lot more likely to result in injury when used. The fact that they are better than nothing is not in dispute.

The reserves from the good old bad old days really suck compared to what is available now. If the use of a front mounted reserve is an important part of the nostalgia of such a jump, can't it at least be a modern round reserve?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

can't it at least be a modern round reserve?
(quote)

Well I don't know about everyone else, but most of mine are young (read modern) from the 80's.
Only a few are from the 70's and those are 78's and up, and the ones from the 60's have been put out to pasture.
However soon I will have 1980 sweethog H/D with a round main and safety flyer reserve, so got the modern reserve covered, LOL.....:P
Have a good weekend!

~