FallloutboyDAoC

How do you guys cope in the winter?

After my first season of packing, being able to do whatever i want, being able to say whatever i want, jumping everyday, and then coming home for the winter... it's just not working out. I'm losing my mind. There doesn't seem to be any weekends that are jumpable either, winds are so shitty every weekend.

How does everyone else cope with this miserable season?

What is this winter you speak of? It was in the low 60s and sunny at the DZ yesterday.

(Okay, to be fair, we *have* had a lot of rain this year... El Fucking Nino and all...)

(Says the gal going to Belize at the end of the week ;))

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

As much as it sucks, I put a long sleeve shirt on and a pair of pants......winters in Az can be BRUTAL:D;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

As much as it sucks, I put a long sleeve shirt on and a pair of pants......winters in Az can be BRUTAL:D;)

I hate cold weather. I would joke my idea of cold weather was when I finally had to put on socks with my sandals.

Come on Livendive, back me up here.:D
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Travel to someplace warm and jump your ass off. That said, if $$$ doesn't allow travel then suck it up and put a ton of clothes on and jump!!.

When I first starting skydiving I went on a load in mid Feb and the thermometer in the aircraft read -20F on exit. I was so fucking cold when I landed I couldn't feel my hands. The nutty part is I packed my rig and jumped again that day. :D:D

Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

simple

i enjoy videos of skydives which i've recorded , which include a variety of friends over the years.
One advantage of shooting so much MORE than just tandems.....
Since they are all from My perspective,,, it really IS like re-experiencing the jump..
I also tend to let the camera roll afterwards, to capture all the post-jump chatter,, that often, is as much fun, as the skydive itself...

jmy

I truly know what you mean. I am from Texas and was forced to experience my first winter last year in NH. I was a very depressed kid to say the least. I did the same exact thing that you did and posted this thread. http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3467066;search_string=winter;#3467066. I highly suggest that you read it. The best advice that I liked was laying in the sun in your living room. Try to find your own way to deal with it; last year, I didnt. May you have the best of luck and remember that spring is actually not too far away.

After my first season of packing, being able to do whatever i want, being able to say whatever i want, jumping everyday, and then coming home for the winter... it's just not working out. I'm losing my mind. There doesn't seem to be any weekends that are jumpable either, winds are so shitty every weekend.

Cabana Boys:)