godfrog

End of theWorld

2012, asteroids, meteors, the moon leaving earths orbit, killer storms, global warming, super volcano,s, sunami,s, massive earth quakes, plagues and....whatever else I,ve missed we might as well give up, we don,t stand a chance.
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

2012, asteroids, meteors, the moon leaving earths orbit, killer storms, global warming, super volcano,s, sunami,s, massive earth quakes, plagues and....whatever else I,ve missed we might as well give up, we don,t stand a chance.

Don't worry, planet will be fine, that we are who fucked... ;)

The Mayans made a 400 year calendar.
I can't get my VP to think beyond a quarterly business plan.

"I want you to create a calendar that is accurate for
400 years."
"Dude, put down that pipe."
"Seriously, start today."
"That's some pointless crap. Look... I'll do a 4 year calendar. After that, it's the next guys responsibility."

Some people are using that to indicate that when the calendar expires, then that's the end of the earth too.

Actually, the Mayan 400-year calendar is cyclical, just like our 12-month calendars. When you get to the end, you start over again at the beginning. Not an end-of-earth scenario at all...

Some people are using that to indicate that when the calendar expires, then that's the end of the earth too.

Actually, the Mayan 400-year calendar is cyclical, just like our 12-month calendars. When you get to the end, you start over again at the beginning. Not an end-of-earth scenario at all...

Those people are idiots. They don't realize that I am in charge.

The world is over when I say it is.
;)

And on the winter solstace in 2012 all the planets will line up into a straight line for the first time in 26,000 years...this combined the transit of venus...the 13th backtun which we are living...had the 12th and previous most if not all life was wiped out. There are too many variables for this date to be mere coincidence.

Those people are idiots. They don't realize that I am in charge.

The world is over when I say it is.
;)

So you ARE Ming the Merciless!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

And on the winter solstace in 2012 all the planets will line up into a straight line for the first time in 26,000 years

Nope.

According to NASA:

Q: Could a phenomena occur where planets align in a way that impacts Earth?
A: There are no planetary alignments in the next few decades, Earth will not cross the galactic plane in 2012, and even if these alignments were to occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence.

Of course, NASA could just be making that up to prevent a panic.

Hey in the late 80s didn't we have another New Age thing scheduled, called The Moronic Convergence or something?

I wonder why these types of things never seem to pan out?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

>Actually if you ever studied the Mayan calendar you would know that
>the long count consists of more than 5 thousand years. The cycle of 400
>years is that of a single Baktun.

What's far more terrifying is that all the calendars I've seen so far this year come to an end on December 31st 2010. There's nothing after that. Barring quick action by a calendar printer, the world will end on that day.

Actually if you ever studied the Mayan calendar you would know that the long count consists of more than 5 thousand years. The cycle of 400 years is that of a single Baktun.

They acutally have 2 calendar, one for rituals one for agricutlure
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Unless of course you are using the calendar from your computer which has been updated for the next hundred years or so. So you're saying that because Microsoft implemented a calendar on a computer intended to to used for perhaps 8 to 10 years max, that microsoft can tell the future? Or because there isnt a calendar printed out past this year that has the same relevance?

> So you're saying that because Microsoft implemented a calendar on
>a computer intended to to used for perhaps 8 to 10 years max, that
>microsoft can tell the future?

Uh - no.

>Or because there isnt a calendar printed out past this year that has the
>same relevance?

Uh - no.