sunshine

Deadliest Catch

......." A hundred and fifty miles North East of Dutch Harbor, Sig Hansen and the crew of the Northwestern have been setting pots, deep into the night...:o;) The Bering Sea has been charactaristically, Un merciful..... as the hunt for Opelio Crab continues....." Mike Rowe.

I remember Skymamas' thread about Mike Rowe and D. jobs..... he's a " jump right in" kind of guy... that's for sure...

hahahahah.. cool show... excellent editing, and camera work... as to be expected by Discovery...

Yes.. is blake the dude who got passed over for captain ( as previously promised )
by Rick Quashnick, last year ??
.. man he was pissed..>:(>:(.
now Blake IS running the boat and "fillin' the holds"..... But he has been ticking off some of the other Captains..... Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie gave Blake some secret fishing spots, and said tell No one.... well Blake bragged or something, and Now Phil is mad...

I saw some episodes which included sabotaging each others gear and pots,,,,, all in good "fun"

I Like Sig and his brother..Edgar. hahahah
I saw Edgar bite the head off a herring,,, for good Luck!!!.
The boats all have cool names...
looks like tough work. 16 18 20 hours at a stretch....Not sure if i could take all the wave action and the boat rocking back and forth all the time.... and when i sleep... I like it to be for more than 2 hours.....I'd say the deck hands EARN their money,,, every bit of it...

" I'm a COWBOY,,,, on a ste-eel horse i ride, I'm wanted.......waaannt-ed dead or alive".........

seafood lover jimmy:)

I love the show - every new episode is getting recorded because I cannot be guaranteed I'll be able to watch it - two young kids tend to get in the way of that.

I find myself wondering whether Sig caught it whenever I am dining on snow crab. What's not to love about a show that depicts my idea of a living hell.

In fact, plenty of shows do that. I find myself to sit in revolted fascination at "Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern" and found myself heartened when he retched at eating, or all things, a fruit (a durian).

My wife is hotter than your wife.

You obviously don't know what commercial fishermen smell like. I long-lined for a few years...and it took a couple more to get rid of the smell

When someone is that fuckin hot, it doesn't matter how bad they smell. Kinda like Hippy. :D

cant agree at all... smelling bad can make a very hot chick unattractive.. smelling very good can make an 'average' chick very hot...

smelling like dead fish is a downer no matter who you are....

I'm trying to videotape the whole series, but was out of town for a while and on the web site, they don't list the episodes in order. Just give a name of it. [:/]

Do they list the episode name at the start of the show?

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I'm addicted.... have been since last season. I TV-R it every week because I work on Tues. I don't know what keeps me watching this show. I know people who hate it, but for some reason I just keep coming back for more. :)

Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

......." A hundred and fifty miles North East of Dutch Harbor, Sig Hansen and the crew of the Northwestern have been setting pots, deep into the night...:o;) The Bering Sea has been charactaristically, Un merciful..... as the hunt for Opelio Crab continues....." Mike Rowe.

I remember Skymamas' thread about Mike Rowe and D. jobs..... he's a " jump right in" kind of guy... that's for sure...

hahahahah.. cool show... excellent editing, and camera work... as to be expected by Discovery...

Yes.. is blake the dude who got passed over for captain ( as previously promised )
by Rick Quashnick, last year ??
.. man he was pissed..>:(>:(.
now Blake IS running the boat and "fillin' the holds"..... But he has been ticking off some of the other Captains..... Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie gave Blake some secret fishing spots, and said tell No one.... well Blake bragged or something, and Now Phil is mad...

I saw some episodes which included sabotaging each others gear and pots,,,,, all in good "fun"

I Like Sig and his brother..Edgar. hahahah
I saw Edgar bite the head off a herring,,, for good Luck!!!.
The boats all have cool names...
looks like tough work. 16 18 20 hours at a stretch....Not sure if i could take all the wave action and the boat rocking back and forth all the time.... and when i sleep... I like it to be for more than 2 hours.....I'd say the deck hands EARN their money,,, every bit of it...

" I'm a COWBOY,,,, on a ste-eel horse i ride, I'm wanted.......waaannt-ed dead or alive".........

seafood lover jimmy:)

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Deadliest-Catch-star-arrested-for-DUI-hit-and-run-in-Seattle-84815242.html

Just saw a thing on the news...about Capt Phils Son getting a DUI here in Seattle.... but I think I know why ... the kid is not taking this very well.

http://www.mercurynews.com/tv/ci_14373946

53.... a hard life.... RIP Capt Phil[:/]

Based off an article I read, I get the distinct impression that the Discovery crew filmed his death at his request. I wonder if it will get aired. Lord knows there's been millions of peopleghouls waiting for five years for someone to buy it on camera on the show.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

Boats and that shit are funny they really grow on you. Commercial Diver in Gulf and some Navy career later... I watch the show and think to myself I am sure glad I aint there in those nasty conditions.
That show sure is fun, its great watching other people being wet and miserable, thinking what you would be doing in their spots being wet and miserable. I (and my wife + 2 Kids) love the show, cant wait for the new season.B|