jasonRose

Infinity or Mirage???

These threads usually go along the lines of..

"I jump a Mirage! It's perfect! Buy it!"

"I jump an Infinity! It's perfect! Buy it!"

"What's wrong with you! Don't buy those! I jump a "insert brand you've already decieded you don't want here" and it's perfect! Buy it!"

When you buy gear, it's a profoundly personal choice based on safety, cost, delivery time, and what you think is a good looking rig that others
may think is ugly as sin. Deep down you probably already know what you want and are looking for others to confirm it for you.

Good luck with your choice.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I jump neither, but I was real impressed with both... How about that for an answer... (From the perspective of someone who was in your shoes a few months ago.)

Reasons why I would say Infinity... #1 - Price. #2 - turn around time. #3 - Kelly's customer service... I think all three, from my research, were better with Infinity... Infinity was my 2nd choice on my list, Mirage was my 3rd...

Good luck with your decision, I remember being in your shoes.

I hate making decisions like this! From what I see both rigs are good in fact the only thing that I have heard bad was Mirage's Safety bulliton. Which really isn't enough to make me not want to buy one. Does any one out there have any major complaints about either rig?? If it's real bad PM so we don't stir up a big hornets nest.
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

When I was purchasing gear, I went back and forth for a while between getting an Infinity and a Mirage. The main reason I went with a Mirage was the upward facing pin flap. I had previously jumped an Infinty before I bought the mirage and I really didn't like how the pin flap was hard to close and it seemed to get worn out pretty easily. Also if you want to go with a fully articulated harness Infinity only offers hip rings while Mirage offers hip and chest rings. Both rigs are extremely comfortable and look great. The customer service I got was exceptional with mirage, but I have herd Infinity is also great. But all in all the Infinity is a little cheaper so if you dont want to spend the least amount of money then go with the Infinity. I am very happy with my Mirage and would definatly will buy another one when I get a second rig.
just my 2 cents

jeff

I have no real complaints about my Mirage, I've put about 80-90 jumps on it so far and done everything from RW, to freefly, and H&Ps... my only suggestion is that you get leg-strap bungees installed. I have hip rings (not Unisyn) and the leg straps will tend slide down your legs when doing disorienting maneuvers in freefall, no biggie IMO. I bought it used, so it is not a "perfect" fit, but it is still one of the most comfortable rigs I have jumped.

I have never jumped an Infinity, but have never heard anything negative about them either.

I am also not a big fan of the Javelin/Infinity main closing flap design and would rather have a rig with the Talon FS/Mirage/Vector-style flaps.
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

Just another angle -

I just bought a Mirage - they are 40 miles away.

You live in Washington?

If everything else is roughly equal you might consider what it takes to get you back in the air if you need parts after a cutaway and don't want to buy a spare parts kit.

Location isn't necessarily a major sell point, but it might be a valid tie breaker.

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

If you have a variety of containers available to you at a daily rental rate, my advice would be to jump as many of them as possible before you make a decision. Rent the Infinity and jump it for the day, then move on to Mirage, Wings, etc...

I jump an Infinity myself, and the pin and riser protection is what sold me on it (not to mention it's extremely comfy, and the customer service is outstanding!).

As Tonto said, rig preference is a very personal choice. Decide what's important to you in a container, and make your decision based those qualities.

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."