ROK

Paris Trip- Need Help

My wife and I are meeting our son in Paris in April, traveling through London and then on to Africa. I haven't been to Paris in twenty years and I'm having a difficult time finding a hotel for three people (4 nights) within a reasonable distance of city center for around 150- 200 euros a night.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I can just pick one off of the web, but it's like rolling the dice.

One room- 3 people
WIFI
Shower/Toilet

I can't think of the name of the place we always stay but it fits your requirements, walking distance to the tower.

When my wife gets back from Paris Wednesday I'll get the name and contact number from her if you're still interested by then. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Since you'll be there 4 nights, have you considered an apartment? I used this website when we went to Paris 3 years ago and it worked out great. The apartment we stayed in was in Montmartre and was convenient to get to on the trains. We were able to save a little money by buying food for breakfast, lunch and snacks and prepare them in the kitchen. I was also able to do a little laundry, which was nice and it was also nice having some time away from the kids when they went to their own room. The woman who runs the company was very nice and flexible when our travel arrangements got screwed up by the airlines and she had to meet us at a different day and time to give us the keys. We stayed in different cities on a two week tour of Europe and the Paris apartment was definitely the best place we stayed.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm definitely interested!

I appreciate everyone's help. It's my wife's first time in Paris and we're celebrating her birthday with an Eiffel Tower dinner. I'd like to stay in a managable place without going too broke.:|

I stayed in a hotel at 32 Rue Duperré called Libertel Montmartre Duperré a couple of years ago (2006 IIRC) with my sister. We shared a room for 30 euros/night, including breakfast (a great deal, it wasn't high season). It wasn't fancy, but it wasn't bad either. However, given the neighbourhood, people got the wrong idea about me and my sister :D... I looked it up now and apparently they renovated the rooms in 2008 and the price is higher.

We walked around a lot, but the Pigalle métro station is very close if you don't want to walk and the Paris métro is great. Buy a carnet (10 tickets), it's a lot cheaper than buying one at a time.

I liked the place, but it was a couple of years ago and it might have changed, for better or for worse :)

Expedia has prices just above your price range, but this hotel is top class.
http://www.hotel-california-paris.com/

Great boutique hotel, and the walls on every floor are covered, and I mean covered with art. Mostly prints and copies, but some neat sculptures too.

The location is great too.

Just giving you options. :)
And if you want to treat your wife to some great cute little deserts, just across the street on les Champs Elysees is La Duree, a classic institution in Paris for its Macarrons. We also had dinner there, and it was very good. Not cheap, but very good.

Remster

This gives me all of the information that I needed. I've booked a place to stay.

I appreciate your help. I told my wife that this was the fastest way to find a place ;)

For each of you that responded...ask for Robert Kelley next time your in Z-Hills and one of your jumps will be on me.