AggieDave

Help a dropzone (web poll)

I crashed last night at midnight after getting vote 4500. Woke up this morning and the Council is losing big time after being up to 70% last night.

That's one busy little shithead with an agenda.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

• The city council

• The city manager

• Not sure

There doesnt seem to be any client side verification on the poll... gimme a few, I have an idea.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Simply refreshing the pie chart seems like it resends your vote.

When I do it it says "Confirm form resubmission" and get the option for continue or cancel.

It appears to be working since the vote went from 33.82 to 33.90 while I was doing it maybe 10-15 times

Ohhh

Get firefox and install "reload every" addon.
Vote and then set reload every to refresh the pie chart
open new tab and repeat!

I crashed last night at midnight after getting vote 4500. Woke up this morning and the Council is losing big time after being up to 70% last night.

That's one busy little shithead with an agenda.

Yeah at 1 AM when I went to bed the City Manager had run his number to 2260. his number had stayed at about 850 fro severalhours.. now his numbers are up to 10,600 for him. I think someone was running scripts for him in the middle of the night for sure.

This HTML should work fine, just need someone to host it. (I KNOW I dont have enough bandwidth on my personal server)

The program works fine, the downside is, well, its REALLY processor hungry (opening 11 browsers, going to the page, killing them, repeat)

ETA: Fuck it, http://robert.branzone.com/voter.html
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Alright I've got 2 computers running the Reload Every addon, and 10 tabs open each.....wont be long now.

12:20 pm EST
The Man 10,472
Council 9,452

12:21 pm EST
The Man 10,485
Council 10,502

12:24 pm EST
The Man 10,514
Council 12,894

12:27 pm EST
The Man 10,548
Council 15,847

Stopped when the council hit 20,000 12:34pm

Town population 67,266

The man 10,561
The Council 20,267
Undecided 1,061

Almost half the town has participated in this poll..... wonderful turn out. :P

Its good to see that almost half of every man, woman, and child in Bryan has voted!

"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Mine is better :P

If only 2 people are running it then we get as much traffic as you're doing

Try this one out, load mine in 10 tabs, so roughly every minute or so, you're casting 100 votes... ;)

I dont have the bandwidth to do it, but I know a cable connection sure could, as well as someone whos going jumping can just set it and go out for the day.

Town population 67,266

The man 10,561
The Council 20,267
Undecided 1,061

Almost half the town has participated in this poll..... wonderful turn out. :P

Its good to see that almost half of every man, woman, and child in Bryan has voted!

How does half of a man vote?

Geeze, first we had to let women vote, now HALF women can vote?? Whats the world coming to??

Try this one out, load mine in 10 tabs, so roughly every minute or so, you're casting 100 votes... ;)

I dont have the bandwidth to do it, but I know a cable connection sure could, as well as someone whos going jumping can just set it and go out for the day.

Does your program just run itself? Ive got 15 browsers open and it appears to be refreshing itself on its own. I really do love my connection.
Muff #5048

Does your program just run itself? Ive got 15 browsers open and it appears to be refreshing itself on its own. I really do love my connection.

Im all about AUTOMATION

I actually had it posting 110 submits in about a minute, but apparently thats a little too much for my computer to handle

Or I need better internet.

you all realise that they will void the poll:D:D:D
Unless they are complete4 fuckwits, they will know that it's been scripted:ph34r:

i still ran the script in a few windows for a while, but i know it will be fruitless
:)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Well, I am running 10 tabs in FF right now, and I have found that FF has a gnarly memory leak in it somewhere...
currently eating 1GB of memory. We'll see how long I can keep this up before it eats everything. I've added 1000 votes so far.

And of course they will know it's been scripted Squeak....but you know what? Fuck him. That's what.B|B|

//was 30842 when I started.

you all realise that they will void the poll:D:D:D
Unless they are complete4 fuckwits, they will know that it's been scripted:ph34r:

i still ran the script in a few windows for a while, but i know it will be fruitless
:)

Of course they will.. BUT... the behavior of the poll last night.. showed the Manager or his minions were doing the same.. and had started off the poll running scripts..

Turn about is fail play:ph34r:

This HTML should work fine, just need someone to host it. (I KNOW I dont have enough bandwidth on my personal server)

The program works fine, the downside is, well, its REALLY processor hungry (opening 11 browsers, going to the page, killing them, repeat)

ETA: Fuck it, http://robert.branzone.com/voter.html

So all I had to do was click on your attachment and it automatically runs the voting script? Cool!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Disclaimer: The Eagle's polls are not based on scientifically valid survey methodology. They are merely a way to allow readers to express opinions on current events.

No kidding!

Every time I see a request in The Bonfire for people to go and vote for someone's cause (and there are a lot lately), I think what a nonsense any kind of online poll is - whoever wins, it has nothing to do with the merits of the entrant, and everything to do with how big an online community they have access to! :D

Currently 73% in favour of the City Council. It took a looong time for my vote to get a response, though. I think someone's automated voting process might be killing that server! :)