ACMESkydiver

Can I Play a Movie on my Truck DVD Screen From an IPhone??

I know, I'm full o' chatter today. :ph34r:

I have Google searched and I'm befuddled.

We have a drop-down 15" video monitor in our truck that was hooked up to a Movies2Go slot-in DVD player just like this one on Ebay: Movies2Go.

The Movies2Go unit was stolen out of my truck in my driveway on Christmas Eve. :S

At least they were nice thieves and left all the cords and wires and thingies...they just ripped the unit out of the dash and disconnected all of the A/V cables.

So, rather than try to buy another Movies2Go unit which will probably be stolen again (we've been hit 3 times. the neighborhood next to ours is full of nasties), is there a way to play a movie from my IPhone?

I don't have the IPhone yet; I'll be getting it in the mail tomorrow (yay!). It is a refurb 8g 3G; debating whether I should change my mind and bump it up to a 16g 3Gs.

Movies aren't for me or Joe, they are for our autistic sons. Little Joey goes nuts if he can't see something on the screen if we're driving more than 20 minutes...and by nuts, I mean hurting himself or others. :(

Handheld devices are NOT an option; when Joey has a panic attack, he starts throwing anything that is not tied down at the driver -me. [:/]

So can ya help me out? Point me in the right direction? Refine the Google search just a smidge? :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Absolutely doable.

The cables you'd buy for the set up will depend on whether or not the video screen accepts a composite or component input. It's doable either way, but you want to look at the screen inputs first.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Yep you should have no problem the only thing you will need is a set of av cables for you Iphone. Does you set up us av cables?

Yeah it does...and they are all still there and usable, so that should be good!!
~Jaye

Absolutely doable.

The cables you'd buy for the set up will depend on whether or not the video screen accepts a composite or component input. It's doable either way, but you want to look at the screen inputs first.

The screen inputs are hidden through the roof liner and then down to the dash where the M2G was stolen; I'm sure I can figure out which plugs go to that. So I'd just try to find some kind of conversion cables that will plug in to my IPhone and the AudioVox monitor...figuring out if it's composite or component input.

Ok, I think I can work on that! B|

Edit to add: Our monitor is an older version of this one.
~Jaye

Hooked my iPhone up to a digital projector and was able to give a cool presentation at work last week. Just know that you'll only be able to watch Quicktime movies and slide shows with those cables connected to an external device.

As some learned computer geeks have suggested, use "Handbrake" to convert your DVD's to iPhone files.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon