skittles_of_SDC

SLC closet major airport to Park City?

I gave google maps a look and didn't see a major airport closer but thought I'd ask in case I missed one. I am considering going to the Olympic Park to give skeleton a shot. If I could fly in to somewhere that is closer than an hour drive I'd love that. If not, oh well.

SLC international is going to be the closest big airport. Its only like 25min from Park City. When are you coming? Ill share some tunnel time with you if you like.
Muff #5048

I checked out both of those and Lake Placid has skeleton but they don't list dates and Calgary has bobsled and luge only.

Sounds like you have done some homework already. I am surprised Calgary does not have a skeleton program. But I have not done my homework on the subject, even if I do live a stones throw away from the facility. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I'm still not sure if I'm going. If I do it will be for the March 10 or March 17 date. They need 4 people registered for the class to happen so even if I decide to go and they don't have 4 people I'll have to cancel. If I go out there I'd consider tunnel time depending on the price.

Right now, tunnel time is 10$ minute. Last month I got $500/hour. They seem to always have deals. It usually takes me about 40 minutes to get from the SLC airport to Park City. If you're a good skier, check out the Canyons to do some speedflying. Have fun in Utah!

I gave google maps a look and didn't see a major airport closer but thought I'd ask in case I missed one. I am considering going to the Olympic Park to give skeleton a shot. If I could fly in to somewhere that is closer than an hour drive I'd love that. If not, oh well.

Oh by the way if you are going to do this.. you better get a camera helmet....otherwise none of this happened.

What could be cooler video.... have you seen some of the crashes????:ph34r:

SLC is like a 45 minute drive not to far at all.

Olympic park there is cool! In the summertime you see all the athletes practicing their ski jumps into a pool.

Although I went on a couple "rides" there that were supposed to be extreme but were pretty tame. Skeleton should be pretty extreme though!

I forgot to mention that there were a bunch of skydivers from Skydive Chicago here, like Whitney and Kenny. They were at the tunnel for a couple of hours last night. I think they're from your dz.

Really? That's awesome. I thought they were in Jamaica. Ask Kenny if he'll do the program with us (if we come. the other guy is still kinda sketchy).

If I head out I'll be sure to look all you guys up. :)

You probably don't know who I am but if you wanna hit up PC let me know, I have some friends at UOP and would definately be more than happy to go headfirst down an icy slope. Also If you want to bobsled I work with Steve Holcomb's father and could possibly get a pretty fast "non tourist" ride down the track. If you ski at all let me know for I can get you passes to PCMR and DV. Also if you need a place to crash I live about 5 minutes from UOP.

~Kyle

If it all works out and I make it out I'll definately hit you up. I'd be willing to do both skeleton and bobsled if you thought you could get a pro driver. I'm not a skier or snowboarder unfortunately but if your friends at UOP could get me onto the ski jump ramps to give it a try I'd love to. Very much kidding. I appreciate the offers man. Should this work out (I'm not that hopeful right now) I'll shoot you a message to see whats up.