Armour666

Highly Trained Baggage handlers

I have actually seen shit like that with my own eyes looking out windows from the terminals. >:(>:(>:(

Friend of mine from college had gotten an expensive bottle of cognac as a gift and he wasn't allowed to carry it on. So he wrapped it up with his clothes and put it in his checked baggage (one of those fabric kinds).

When he went to claim his bag, there was a huge stain on one side. Yep, busted the bottle. :|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

are we really surprised? It's about what I would expect.

Yep.. Pretty much what I expected.. I avoid checking stuff in like the plague.. I reckon I can usually buy abroad, so I always bring only the bare essentials. If I'm carrying anything of value (sentimental or otherwise), I make sure I really need it with me and it fits in my carry-on.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

...I avoid checking stuff in like the plague...

Good thinking. Of all the stuff one should avoid in checked baggage, I think THE PLAGUE should be high on the list.

...of course, it would be a good way to pay back those Baggage Monkeys. ;)

Good thinking. Of all the stuff one should avoid in checked baggage, I think THE PLAGUE should be high on the list.

I'm thinking a bag specially designed to break open and dump white flour all over the place would be entertaining.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

are we really surprised? It's about what I would expect.

Yep.. Pretty much what I expected.. I avoid checking stuff in like the plague.. I reckon I can usually buy abroad, so I always bring only the bare essentials. If I'm carrying anything of value (sentimental or otherwise), I make sure I really need it with me and it fits in my carry-on.

Do tell us more about your bare essentials.:)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Shah would have got a kicking for posting that ... you naughty... naughty boy:P

Hey!
I've been busy lately, so I'm way behind on hitting on Nataly.
I just saw an opportunity to partially catch up.;)

I'm thinking a bag specially designed to break open and dump white flour all over the place would be entertaining.>:(

or the container of killer bees
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

What do you expect for $9 an hour? The only good thing the rampers do for us is job security. For the amount of stuff they smash up I will always have a job.

I expect that they do their job, the one they agreed to do at 9$ per hour

Regardless of the pay you are on when you take the job you agree to do it properly.

I doubt very much that the JDF outlines throwing and damaging property as part of the job discription
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

or the container of killer bees

This! >:(>:(>:(

Any chance of getting something like that past security screenings? :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I don't like it any more than you do but $9 an hour doesn't buy very much "I give a shit about my job".

Regardless of the pay you are on when you take the job you agree to do it properly.

What world do you live in? Every place I have ever worked there is always people with the "I dont give a fuck attitude". I don't like it any more than you do. I'm just sayin.

I doubt very much that the JDF outlines throwing and damaging property as part of the job discription

Throwin bags? :D:D:DThats just the tip of the ice with bag smashers!:D Between the damaged airplanes, tugs, and equipment they destroy your bags are at the bottom of list.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

What do you expect for $9 an hour? The only good thing the rampers do for us is job security. For the amount of stuff they smash up I will always have a job.

shouldn't they recieve a 10-20% tip of the value of goods they carry, just like them waiters ? :|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM