skydiver604

Water Repellent Automotive Glass Treatment

I use PPG Aquapel on the windshield and door glass on our vehicles. Lasts about 6 months on the windshield and almost a year on the door glass. I find it makes a huge difference driving in the rain at night. Just wondering what others are using??.

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

:P

I asked for that:$

I'm having loads of problems with condensation at the moment, as my car is nearly always we inside from carrying skiis and wet boots.... The a/c helps - once the mist has defrosted ... I just can't keep the inside of my car dry :(

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

:P

I asked for that:$

I'm having loads of problems with condensation at the moment, as my car is nearly always we inside from carrying skiis and wet boots.... The a/c helps - once the mist has defrosted ... I just can't keep the inside of my car dry :(

Leave the windows down a smidge, to let the vapour out as it evaporates.

Along with RainX there is also FogOff That may help ya Shroppy
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Tried using Rain-X about 20 years ago. Couldn't stand how the droplets on the windshield reflected the overhead lights as I was driving at night. Drove me BATTY! Had to scrub that stuff off the windshield! Doesn't do this on side & back glass & actually does help them clear faster/easier than if not treated.

I WILL use that stuff on the windshield of my OLD cars (vintage 1968-69) because the wiper blades are likely to be dried out, the cars only get used rarely, & finally I really do try to be them home before dark.

Squeek, if you turn the heater to "defrost" the A/C SHOULD also run to dry the air at the same time. If you turn the defroster on & it causes the windshield to fog over THEN clear, I suggest you have the cooling system pressure checked as there is likely to be a leak in the heater core (my GF's 21 year old car needed it replaced a couple weeks ago). A slightly "sweet" small in the car when the heat is first turned on, is a dead give-away coolant is leaking inside. "Chemical warfare" (chemical leak stoppers poured into the radiator) should be avoided unless absolutely necessary, as this may cause trouble later.
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

If you use it on the inside of the windscreen, does it help prevent the build up of condensation?

Some of the other anti-fog treatments help. Cat Crap comes to mind but there are others.

Run the heater full blast with the windows open a couple inches (5-10cm for you:P) to help dry out the inside

I use Rain X. Especially on surfaces that don't have wipers.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

If you use it on the inside of the windscreen, does it help prevent the build up of condensation?

Some of the other anti-fog treatments help. Cat Crap comes to mind but there are others.

Run the heater full blast with the windows open a couple inches (5-10cm for you:P) to help dry out the inside

I use Rain X. Especially on surfaces that don't have wipers.

+1

When I have fogging issues I roll the driver window down about 2cm which will still keep the rain from coming in so long as you're moving. Put the climate controll on defroster/floor setting and run the heater full blast. Usually clears the windshield up well. The back glass on the other hand...
Muff #5048

So, how many cats does one to ensure a proper application and how does one harvest the product from the wee timid beasties?

One searches.:P

EK, makers of Cat Crap.

There are others out there, this is one of the better ones.

FWIW, Rain X and similar products force the water to bead up (and run off).

Anti-fogs allow the water to wet the surface, not bead up (fog is just lots of little beads).

Different needs, different products.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

WARNING!!!!!!!!

I know the questions here are dealing with glass surfaces.
However if some one thinks glass = plexiglass/polycarbonate they will be sorry.
Rainex and others contains mineral oils and will ruin plexigass in 6-9 month. It turn hazy. Any thing that goes on polyc or plexi must have specific label saying safe for plastic/poly.
If you own stock in a helmet company....disregard.
POPS # 10971

Man Small, Why Fall?
Skies Call. Thats All.