NickDG

7.0 Earthquake hits Okinawa . . .

Also a lot of Air Force, Army and Navy guys there.

My brother was stationed there for 3 years (he's Air Force). Half of that island is US Military Bases. It's absolutely beautiful. I got to visit for 2 weeks while my brother was there. It's sad to think of all the wonderful sites that were probably damaged in the quake. :(:(

Wow! I was stationed there for 3 years. It is such a beautiful island. I learned to scuba dive there.
An earthquake of that magnitude probably caused alot of damage.
There are several USMC and AF bases on Okinawa and a Naval Hospital.
I have friends stationed there still. I am going to facebook them and see if I can get any info.

I have several friends over there... they are posting on FB that it was pretty strong, but no major damage sustained at this time. B|

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Hey Cindy,

Was your brother stationed at Kadena??? What did you get to see while you were there? Did you make it to Okuma, or Ikei Island? How about the shows outside gate 2 ;) lol

I lived there for 4 1/2 years. Lived at Shields just outside Kadena. Sure do miss that lovely lil island!

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

No Tsunami warning. Apparently the quake was too deep in the earth to cause one.

CNN.com

According to USGS.gov site the quake was 13.7 mi deep. It also shows the Moment Tensor Solution which shows that the quake was a "strike-slip" type of earthquake rather than a "thrust" type. Strike-slip is less likely to produce tsunamis. Look at:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2010teb2.php#details