alexbitt

Graduating Senior - Please Help

Hi everyone

If you have a couple of minutes, please help me out by taking this survey about canopy purchases you've made. This is my senior project and the more info I have the better. I really appreciate it.
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/218741/skydiving-gear

There's no check box for 0 jumps in the last six months or year. Little things like bone grafts get in the way.

I am a marketing major and hope to gain a better understanding of the skydiving market. I originally had a survey going with questions about containers, AADs, altimeters, and canopies but it was just wayy too long for people to fill out. Now I'm just looking for data about canopies because it's the most controversial gear issue - in particular what sizes are being recommended at different experience levels across different parts of the country/world.

Thanks to everyone who has participated so far. I am collecting data until the end of March so please pass this around.

I am a marketing major and hope to gain a better understanding of the skydiving market. I originally had a survey going with questions about containers, AADs, altimeters, and canopies but it was just wayy too long for people to fill out. Now I'm just looking for data about canopies because it's the most controversial gear issue - in particular what sizes are being recommended at different experience levels across different parts of the country/world.

Weight is a big issue there. A 135 becomes an appropriate canopy for a 100 pound woman with a lot fewer jumps than a 220 pound man.

Number of jumps (not just time in the sport) is another one. Switching canopies after one year of 50 jumps per is a bigger deal than doing so the next year after 300.

I don't recall filling in my weight or jump numbers with each canopy.

My only criticism is with the last question. I think 100% of people would prefer to have a new anything over a used one. Not a useful predictor of what will happen.

Actually, I wouldn't. I would want everything else new, but not a canopy. I have a brand new one right now, and its a bitch to pack. I'd rather buy one with a few jumps on it, so I'm making the next load with everybody, not re-doing my pack job!:D

And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

My only criticism is with the last question. I think 100% of people would prefer to have a new anything over a used one. Not a useful predictor of what will happen.

Actually, I wouldn't. I would want everything else new, but not a canopy. I have a brand new one right now, and its a bitch to pack. I'd rather buy one with a few jumps on it, so I'm making the next load with everybody, not re-doing my pack job!:D

Sounds to me like your problem is the lack of a packer.

Sounds to me like your problem is the lack of a packer.

Or practice.

Tell you what. Send me your brand new canopy and I will send you my used beat to hell canopy! I promise it is easy to pack!:D
BASE 1384