Skootz

Appropriate bartender tip

What is the appropriate tip for a bartender on a$2.50 beer?

If I don't have to wait forever I normally feel like an ass if I don't leave the $1.00 and change. (Always thinking I'd just leave $0.50 the next time) But figuring out the percentage that's one hell of a tip!!!! And I'm sorry, but I not a cheap drunk anymore.

What do you guys leave when you walk up to the bar to our a bottle?

I don't tip for the bartender just handing be a bottle of beer. Normally i run a tab and then close it out at the end of the night. Based on the service and the total of the tab I might tip 10%-20%.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I work full time in a bar. part of my job is working in a busy nightclub and whoever leaves a tip definitely gets looked after for the rest of the night. its nice to get one. nights vary sometimes ill get none in a weekend and other s i get enough to buy a few drinks at the end of the week. if someone says get one for yourself, ill usually take £2 even though a drink usually comes to £3
Dudeist Skydiver #170
You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive again

All comes down to service, I went to oneb of my local watering holes earlier, the bar maid was out back having a smoke, so I only left 50 cents, which was only because I didn;t want the change...If she can;t put her ciggy down, to coem take care of the person she is being PAID to wait on, then fuck em!

There is no "Obligitory" tip...everyone has to earn it!

As a former bartender of a bar/band venue - my rule was 'the more you tip, the less you wait'.

On a $2.50 beer:

If you're competing for the bartender's attention in a crowded bar 3 rows deep, tip $1.50-2.50.

If you're at a low-key bar with no wait, tip $.50.

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

$1.00 per drink. Doesn't matter what the drink is and the bar tender seems to be pretty happy with that ammount as I've never had to wait for another beer. They usually will have my next drink ready and in front of me before I fully finish the last one.

A waitress/waiter I usually give about a buck and a half per since they have to keep up with a bunch of different people all over the place.
Muff #5048

As a former bartender of a bar/band venue - my rule was 'the more you tip, the less you wait'.

On a $2.50 beer:

If you're competing for the bartender's attention in a crowded bar 3 rows deep, tip $1.50-2.50.

Bartender here...and ditto (just got off my 10 hour shift of slinging the shit)!
Tip me shitty and your ugly ass waits...period! Three deep in line and I see you, (THE GOOD TIPPER) standing back there waiting, your drink is gonna get made and I will flag you up front to come pick it up ;). I could give a shit about (THE SHITTY TIPPERS) who are in front! If you can’t afford to tip then “STAY THE FUCK AT HOME! BUY A CASE OF BEER OR BOTTLE AND ASK YOUR DOG TO BRING IT TO YOU!
Of course each task and gesture is done with a smile “TIP OR NOT"!
“NON-TIPPING FUCK TARDS SUCK ASS”! Take or leave it. I am a good and a much requested bartender regardless of how this post may sound to you ;)
Cheers,
Tami
PS: I am not venting am I :D:D

On a $2.50 beer:

If you're at a low-key bar with no wait, tip $.50.

$5 for a shiity beer dont think so:|

Asking for tips is BEGGING,
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

No tips for a whole weekend? Dude come to America and bartend, seriously!

Exactly, a busy bar in the states the bar staff can earn more in a one or two night shift than i can in a whole week.:S:S:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Exactly, a busy bar in the states the bar staff can earn more in a one or two night shift than i can in a whole week.

Maybe it’s time to start selling your Squeaky Ass uptown instead of downtown :o. Kick it up a notch buttercup! ;)
>
Tami

Tammi if i COULD get paid for hawking myself i would:D:D:D:D I cant give this shit away:(:ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Now here's an idea.... you vs micduran in a bartending showdown at Fitzgerald. That would be fun!

That would be fun!!! I love her and US together...spells TROUBLE :P

You stocking the bar, Billy??
Oh, Tami we could have some BIG BIG fun :)
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Now here's an idea.... you vs micduran in a bartending showdown at Fitzgerald. That would be fun!

That would be fun!!! I love her and US together...spells TROUBLE :P

You stocking the bar, Billy??
Oh, Tami we could have some BIG BIG fun :)

I am sure that we could implore jumpers to bring a new bottle of a certain booze to stock up the bar for a night. B| Just put out a list of what you need. :P

The DZ's version of the movie "Cocktail" comes to mind. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I usually tip $0.00 for bad service, up to $0.50 for beer, and up to $1.00 for mixed drink.

~~ +1

tipping is voluntary - any other attitude from the tipper or the tippee and then it's either begging or extortion (spelling?)

I really just wish employers would pay a decent wage and pay for those that do a good job and fire those that don't. Tipping is a really stupid thing. (I have worked for tips and did really well, and I tip well for good service, but I hate the whole concept - And I REALLY hate where it's been taken - it's out of control)

Here's a good question: when a server or delivery guy says "do you want change?"
how do you react?

Tip jars - what do people think of those?

Directly asking for tips - how do you respond there?

Tips expected for things that never used to have tips - what's up with that.

((Anyone that really like my post, can send a couple dollars to PO box..........)))

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

***Here's a good question: when a server or delivery guy says "do you want change?"
how do you react?

If the amount of change is really high (over 20%) I take the change and the amount of their tip is way less for being assholes.

So you are all saying in order to get served you are expecting 100% tip. Wow... that seems like a very high expectation.

I tip $1 on a $2.50 beer and I thought I was being generous when you look at that being a 40% tip.

If you consider me an ugly ass shitty tipper for that $1... don't serve me. I will go elsewhere thank you very much.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I