ridestrong

NEW Number "Hella"... that's a hella lot of zeros.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/03/02/mega-giga-tera-hella/?test=latestnews

Official SI prefixes:

10 = deca
100 = hecto
1,000 = kilo
1,000,000 = mega
1,000,000,000 = giga
1,000,000,000,000 = tera
1,000,000,000,000,000 = peta
1,000,000,000,000,000,000 = exa
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 = zetta
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 = yotta
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 = unnamed
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

I like it. Wonder how much a desktop computer is going to cost with a hellabyte of memory in it, if that was even possible? :S:D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/03/02/mega-giga-tera-hella/?test=latestnews

Official SI prefixes:

10 = deca
100 = hecto
1,000 = kilo
1,000,000 = mega
1,000,000,000 = giga
1,000,000,000,000 = tera
1,000,000,000,000,000 = peta
1,000,000,000,000,000,000 = exa
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 = zetta
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 = yotta
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 = unnamed

10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 = googol

While it may seem cool, this sounds like something out of the movie Idiocracy and further proof that as a society we are getting closer to becoming like the people in that movie.

From the movie:
"Narrator: Unaware of what year it was, Joe wandered the streets desperate for help. But the English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and faggy to them."
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

From the movie:
"Narrator: Unaware of what year it was, Joe wandered the streets desperate for help. But the English language had deteriorated into a hybrid of hillbilly, valleygirl, inner-city slang and various grunts. Joe was able to understand them, but when he spoke in an ordinary voice he sounded pompous and faggy to them."

Don't worry scrote! There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now.

From the movie:

Don't worry scrote! There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now.

LOL

allright I might have misspelled the name but the theory still applies
-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Googol" is the mathematical term for a 1 followed by 100 zeros. The term was coined by Milton Sirotta, nephew of American mathematician Edward Kasner, and was popularized in the book, "Mathematics and the Imagination" by Kasner and James Newman. Google's play on the term reflects the company's mission to organize the immense amount of information available on the web.

And lets not forget that a 1 with a hundred zeros behind it is actually called a google.

Or a 1 with a googol number of zeroes behind it is a googolplex.

Would that number be greater than all the atoms in the universe???:o

Maybeeee. I found a website that says it's estimated that there are between 10 to the 78 and 10 to the 81 atoms in the universe. That's not even a googol atoms. Much less a googolplexxxxx.

And lets not forget that a 1 with a hundred zeros behind it is actually called a google.

Or a 1 with a googol number of zeroes behind it is a googolplex.

The universe is constantly expanding so how do we know how many atoms could possibly be out there? And are we talking about the 'known' universe? Also, how many atoms are there in a black hole? Why did I drink an entire pot of coffee this late in the day? Why is it still not 1600 yet?
Muff #5048

........... Also, how many atoms are there in a black hole?

None! Zip! Zero! Nada! ......at least not in "atom" form!

Ill rephrase to ask what I meant. What does a quantum singularity consist of?

ETA, Ill bet some smartass will jump in here and say "a googolplex".:D

ETA2, with the gravity generated by a quantum singularity Ill bet its a hella amount of something!:DB|
Muff #5048

The universe is constantly expanding so how do we know how many atoms could possibly be out there?
It's expanding no creating, so the number of atoms is finite, all you need do is catch up to the edge of the Universe and start counting.
1atom, 2 atoms 3 atoms..................
123,456,700,002,341,987,004,096 atoms
123,456,700,002,341,987,004,097 atoms
123,456,700,002,341,987,004,09......where was I hmmm...awe Friggin hell>:(>:(

1atom, 2 atoms 3 atoms..................
:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

ETA2, with the gravity generated by a quantum singularity Ill bet its a hella amount of something!:DB|

A black hole is not necessarily a singularity, "quantum" or otherwise. Either way it's full of stuff that may have useta been atoms, photons, free quarks, electrons and neutrinos and other -ons and -inos. But from the point of view of all that stuff, it was never anything other than what it is now ("now" meaning eternity) since time does not exist "inside" the hole. (some theories even suggest that it is not impossible that there is only one particle or "thing" in the universe and that the direction of time is two ways. A positron can be described as an electron travelling "backwards" in time as we perceive it. In that case the same particle can be travelling back and forth in time very fast playing the part of each particle that we perceive in our universe.) I read that somewhere.:S

Infinity is still more!

"To Infinity and beyond!"
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

A black hole is not necessarily a singularity, "quantum" or otherwise. Either way it's full of stuff that may have useta been atoms, photons, free quarks, electrons and neutrinos and other -ons and -inos. But from the point of view of all that stuff, it was never anything other than what it is now ("now" meaning eternity) since time does not exist "inside" the hole. (some theories even suggest that it is not impossible that there is only one particle or "thing" in the universe and that the direction of time is two ways. A positron can be described as an electron travelling "backwards" in time as we perceive it. In that case the same particle can be travelling back and forth in time very fast playing the part of each particle that we perceive in our universe.) I read that somewhere.:S

Interresting. Now you have me wanting to take a class in astronomy and advance into the more theory side of things to see if I cant come up with an idea or 2.
Muff #5048