Armour666

pilot flies for decade with fake license

That's happened before with airline pilots. And I'm sure there are many pilots out there without licenses.

Last year one of my coworkers had an aircraft ice up and crash on an IFR flight. Neither pilot had an IFR rating. :S[:/]

They were teaching each other IFR.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

That's happened before with airline pilots. And I'm sure there are many pilots out there without licenses.

Last year one of my coworkers had an aircraft ice up and crash on an IFR flight. Neither pilot had an IFR rating. :S[:/]

They were teaching each other IFR.:P

sounds good to me :)...
IHYD

I had about 300 hours and my own little airplane before I got mine.

In 35 years of flying I have never been ramp checked. The only reason I keep up my bi-annual flight review and medical is basically because my insurance wouldn't pay if If I were to wreck my plane. Otherwise I, like many would just fly.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

Funny story. I was about to fly a Cessna load at Skydive Atlanta years ago. Mouth was about to do her Hop & Pop. While walking to the plane she says,"I didn't know you had a pilots license".

I said,"I don't."

She says,"Yes you do."

I said," How do you know." and left it at that.

And this "pilot" is a Swede according to the news [:/]

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

How did he keep getting hired ? he worked for several different airlines. He obviously has skills not to get noticed.

What bothers me more is we go through all this security crap at airports and here is a guy flying the plane and no one ever bothered to check his credentials. :S
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

How did he keep getting hired ? he worked for several different airlines. He obviously has skills not to get noticed.

What bothers me more is we go through all this security crap at airports and here is a guy flying the plane and no one ever bothered to check his credentials. :S

It says nowhere that no one check. Quote: "with a forged license" so I assume it was just pretty well forged...

How did he keep getting hired ? he worked for several different airlines.

Right there is your answer;
He had lots of experience!;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

How did he keep getting hired ? he worked for several different airlines.

Right there is your answer;
He had lots of experience!;)

Not quite the drama of "Catch me if you can" but still impressive that he got away with it for that long.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban