vskydiver

Help me NOT pay for my daughters wedding!

if i do this, i better eat free!!!! =P

:D:D:D:D Me too!! Otherwise I have to pay! :S:|B|

Hey! I discovered that if you have a lot of other email addresses you can log out of that vote page and then use another email address and vote again!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: We all have more than one email address don't we? ;)

Allll Riiiightt!!! ........Chicago-style!!;) I voted... waiting for confirm email.:)

if i do this, i better eat free!!!! =P

:D:D:D:D Me too!! Otherwise I have to pay! :S:|B|

Hey! I discovered that if you have a lot of other email addresses you can log out of that vote page and then use another email address and vote again!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: We all have more than one email address don't we? ;)

Allll Riiiightt!!! ........Chicago-style!!;) I voted... waiting for confirm email.:)

Thanks!! Keep voting! There is a facebook page up for them too! Go and join! Part of the judging process is how well they advertised for their company. I'm thinking we need to make an outstanding skydiving, something or other video to put up on Youtube for them. Any ideas of how to incorporate awesome skydiving and advertising for Crate&barrel in there? :S
The fb page to join is here http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=289485643684&ref=mf

Sorry, my dizzy account is full of spam.

Better yet, cut them a check and say 'Go to DragonCon and come back married. We'll have a tabletop gaming party for you when you get back.'

(inside Engineering joke, since I noticed they're both Engineers and so am I)

Yeah, I'm an Engineer and I didn't get that.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

if your daughter and her fiancee are not ready to pay for their wedding themselves, they are not ready to get married!

They are totally ready to pay for it themselves. And able to. And will, if they don't win. However if they won $100,000 wedding I think that they can keep their own money for other uses. The wedding they were going to have wasn't going to cost that much. But it would be fun to win an extravagant wedding if you could, don't you think?! :D:D

if your daughter and her fiancee are not ready to pay for their wedding themselves, they are not ready to get married!

What's wrong with wanting a more elaborate wedding than they can afford. Most people i know would gladly accept a prize of a bigger better version of something they were after.
I dare say even you,

Or are you going to sit there and bullshit that you would not, are you going to play the Martyr card and hold yourself high on a pedestal...

Well you cant, there's not enough room up here and I own it.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

What's wrong with wanting a more elaborate wedding than they can afford. Most people i know would gladly accept a prize of a bigger better version of something they were after.
I dare say even you,

Nothing, I just got married less than a year ago, it was expensive even though we had a humble yet a classic wedding (minus jesus).

Any further money would 'not' have been spent on the wedding, we had everything we wanted, and would have preferred to spend it more wisely.

We paid in full ourselves and recieved much appreciated contributions later.

Or are you going to sit there and bullshit that you would not are you going to play the Martyr card and hold yourself high on a pedestal...

Well you cant, there not enough room up here and I own it.

Read the title of the thread!;)

What else does one take from such a statement?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Hi Rhys,

Our wedding probably didn't cost $500. not including the rings. The reception was just a party for the skydivers. It was all we wanted or needed and it's lasted 26 years. Our daughter has much the same values as us, but entered this contest on the chance they might win. Neither are spoiled kids that need everything handed to them. They will be perfectly happy if they don't win.

Congratulations on your marriage. I wish you two all the best. :)

The Title of a Novel is RARELY a good indicator of the true nature of the story (to paraphrase, "Dont judge a book by it's Title");)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Why go through all this trouble? Just tell the kid that he has to BUY your daughter for $XXX.XX! Then throw in a pig or a chicken to sweeten the deal.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I've thought long and hard about how to pull off the most spectacular gay wedding New York City has ever seen.

Looks like some pretty stiff competition.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

In some cultures, it's customary for the bride's family to finance some or all of her wedding. Such a tradition says absolutely nothing about the financial status of the betrothed, or the extravagance of the nuptials. In other words, you read something between the lines that wasn't there.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I've thought long and hard about how to pull off the most spectacular gay wedding New York City has ever seen.

Looks like some pretty stiff competition.
Ha, that's funny.
I don't think JohnMitchell's girl would approve ;)

Incidentally, we had several New Yorkers attend me and Alain's commitment ceremony (unofficial) in the chapel of Royal Caribbean's Exploer of the Seas on our holiday cruise just a few weeks ago.