slcooper

Funniest True Story Ever!

A co-worker of mine shared a story that I thought was too funny not to pass along. A couple of weeks ago his 18 year old son who has Downs Syndrome and stays home alone gave him a call and said that the neighbor bought a garden gnome and he borrowed it and locked it in the closet. I should also add that his son is a VERY large kid. He replied "that's good son, I will be home after work. A few minutes later he got another call from the kid telling him that the garden gnome was making alot of noise in the closet. He left work immediately and rushed home. He walked into his son's room to find a chair blocking the door, removed it, and a VERY pissed "little person" who worked for Reliant Entergy popped out. He was wearing a green hat and had a beard, looked just like a garden gnome. Surprisingly the poor guy didn't file charges!:D :D
Why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Cause the door was open!

Yes. Just don't call them "midgets.";)

or any of snow white's dwarves by their names. :D

What if that dude when he was freed said "I am NOT happy!"

"well which one are ya?" :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Damn! You know, I try to check snopes for emailed stories, but since the OP said it was told to him in person, I didn't think about it. But now it does sound too good to be true. [:/]

His coworker must be a damn good bullshitter. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Damn! You know, I try to check snopes for emailed stories, but since the OP said it was told to him in person, I didn't think about it. But now it does sound too good to be true. [:/]

I was actually googling for a news story about the incident, but started pulling up variations of the urban myth.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Yes. Just don't call them "midgets.";)

I grew up working on teh carnival, and we had a little person working for us, that want by the name "Midget"...funniest little fucker you could ever meet (but did have a nepolene complex)

He woudl walk up to beautiful girls on teh midway, and hug them, burying his nose in their crotch, and say Ahmmmm, you smell good...If they tried to get away from him, he woudl chase them yelling , "Mommy, come back"!:D

I was actually googling for a news story about the incident, but started pulling up variations of the urban myth.

That lying bastard, I'm calling him out on this one!!!!
Why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Cause the door was open!

Yup...everybody knows Reliant Energy doesn't make service calls! :ph34r:

I thought maybe he was a Meter Reader. But then, most electric meters are mounted about 5 ft. up on the wall. That midget would have to carry a stepladder with him all day.

But now it does sound too good to be true.

It doesn't really matter Billy. The best ever real life funny story was the two-eyed Phil story...

:P

:D

Ok, so tell it!

since the OP said it was told to him in person, I didn't think about it

I hear that the makers of the "Shazam" phone app are now creating an app that listens to conversations, checks facts against the Internet, and rings a "bullshit detector" if someone is passing around an urban legend.

In the beta version, if you say the words of the above paragraph into the phone, it goes off.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD