vanair

military service

>>then you go and use a word like "numpty"
Never mind that. From now on I'll be "bigging myself up," LOL . . .

NickD :)

you need to read some Ben Elton novels;) Try "Chart Throb"
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Alright, I'll bite. Where the fuck are you?:S

Dude! He knows How Not To Be Seen(YouTube video)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I prefer a hide with no man made objects near me to attract ANY unwanted attention.

It was just for laughs.

Man made is not bad as long as it looks like something caused it to be there (rubble etc.)

But on flat open or undulating ground with seemingly nowhere to hide is best.

Grasses are good as long as you have no made a hole.

Edges of wood lines are good.;)

Muddy areas are good too.

The eye is not drawn to any shadows or irregular shapes.

Kinda doubt that, I had a tan and green snipers veil on the front of my ghille head cover.

Heck I doubt you can even find the muzzle of my rifle.

It wouldn;t let me copy the picture, but about 6 feet up the tree slightly off center to the right, looks like a rifle Muzzle!

????

Ah, I see now.... the colors and patterns in that spot in the original photo doesn't exactly match the immediate surroundings, but still, nice camouflage job! B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

what the fuck is your accent?

more on topic, if someone isn't receiving some sort of gain out of their lies, they're not worth the time to deal with them. if they are though, they should be taken care of. not necessarily with a belt sander, but i'm sure there are ways to get the point across without violence.

Well put.

As for the accent.. Well.. After having been in London for over 5 years, I still sound Canadian, but I think all my Canadian friends would say I have a bit of a British twang! I certainly don't sound anything like supernanny..

But yeah.. Basically, I think people say all kinds of stupid shit. Ultimately, it only makes them look stupid. No point in getting all upset about it if they're not hurting anyone with their lies.. Saying that, though, calling their bluff *can* be very satisfying - especially at the moment when they realise they've been caught & they can't backtrack enough to come up with anything believable!! :D:D:D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Just saw this come across the news today. Source is HERE. Picture of the guilty can be seen HERE

From the Article:

Fake hero pleads guilty to Stolen Valor violation in Tampa's federal court

By Jared Leone, Times Staff Writer
In Print: Saturday, March 6, 2010

TAMPA — The fake Marine Corps hero finally surrendered Friday in U.S. District Court.

Angel Manuel Ocasio-Reyes, a 48-year-old civilian from Lutz, pleaded guilty to violating the Stolen Valor Act, bringing to an ignoble end his months of strutting around in a sergeant major's uniform bedecked with the Navy Cross, Purple Heart, Bronze Star, Combat Action Medal, Iraq and Afghanistan campaign medals, and several others.

Ocasio-Reyes was arrested in December on three counts: falsely wearing the medals, falsely representing himself as having been awarded decorations and medals, and falsely altering a military discharge form.

Punishment could be a year in jail and a $100,000 fine on each count, but U.S. Magistrate Judge Mark A. Pizzo reminded Ocasio-Reyes that those guidelines are only advisory. He set sentencing at 10 a.m. June 21.

The Stolen Valor Act was passed in 2006 to impose harsher penalties for fraudulently wearing medals. Previous law punished only people falsely wearing the highest award, the Medal of Honor.

The Navy Cross ranks just below the Medal of Honor in distinction, and the Purple Heart recognizes those wounded or killed in combat.

This is the fourth time in 12 months someone has been prosecuted under the Stolen Valor Act by the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Middle District of Florida.

Roger Golden is the commandant at the Marine Corps League in New Port Richey where Ocasio-Reyes tried to gain membership last year. Golden was in the courtroom wearing a pressed, white uniform. Across his chest were the medals he earned while serving in Vietnam from 1963 to 1967.

Golden said Ocasio-Reyes came to the Marine Corps League post dressed to the hilt and that other club members took him in as one of their own.

But something made Golden suspicious, and he checked a listing of award recipients on the militarytimes.com Web site, and Ocasio-Reyes did not show up. After that, the story unraveled.

"This guy is a wannabe," Golden said after hearing the guilty plea. "He is slapping everybody in the face."

Ken Malone, 59, and Ken Sullens, 58, socialized with Ocasio-Reyes at the Marine Corps League post in New Port Richey. They also attended the court hearing. Both are Purple Heart recipients, and they wore vests full of military patches.

Sullens and Golden said they would be back in June.

"We have been following this from the beginning," Sullens said.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING