CSpenceFLY

C-130 with only two engines??

c-123?

Elvisio "could be" rodriguez

That's what I was thinking. Served up to the late 60s?
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Maybe a 27? I'll look for a photo

I don't think those have been fielded yet have they? Actually, I thought I read that Gen Casey canceled the program?
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

There are C-130's all the time at Dobbins. (It's where Lockheed builds them) We also get to see the F/A-22's!! They will fly them around even before they are painted.

Lately there have been C-17. http://www.military-aircraft.org.uk/transport-aircraft/boeing-c-17-globemaster-iii.htm

They look like they aren't even moving. Awesome to see
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

c-123?

Elvisio "could be" rodriguez

That's what I was thinking. Served up to the late 60s?

Actually into the 1980's they even had some at Ft Bunny for jump school when I was there in the 1970's;)

Jumped a C-123 at the Eloy holiday boogie sometime back in the nineties. I remember thinking what a beast of a plane it was - but then I've never jumped a Herc, so I'm easily impressed.

Expect to be looking for about half the load to land off. The drop area for either of those planes is about 1/2 mile long. B|[:/]

is that all? ;)

I load mastered the CARVAIR at the WFFC. 2 passes of 55-60 jumpers each. And as far as I know, the only ones that landed off were the individual jumpers in the last groups, that tracked hard, THE WRONG WAY.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Expect to be looking for about half the load to land off. The drop area for either of those planes is about 1/2 mile long. B|[:/]

is that all? ;)

I load mastered the CARVAIR at the WFFC. 2 passes of 55-60 jumpers each. And as far as I know, the only ones that landed off were the individual jumpers in the last groups, that tracked hard, THE WRONG WAY.
Maybe they should have had you on hand for all the special plane loads. In '06 they were putting jumpers out on the other side of I-57 with the DC-9. I know cause I was one of 'em. :SB|

What Spence really needs is an AN-2. B|
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

is that all? ;)

Maybe they should have had you on hand for all the special plane loads. In '06 they were putting jumpers out on the other side of I-57 with the DC-9. I know cause I was one of 'em. :SB|

What Spence really needs is an AN-2. B|

It really sucked that I couldn't make it there in '06. I would have happily called the exit on the '9!

One particular Carvair jump I remember really well. 1 person landed off, but just barely. On the outside of the fence at the end of the runway. I know this really well, because that jumper was ME! 1st pass was fine. Circled around, second pass went off without a glitch. Walked up front to check in with the other LM (Captn Happy) that was relaying my messages to the cabin. Walked back to the door, and out I went. No wingsuit, so i just used the entire jump to track back towards the LZ. Damn near made it too!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I was going to ask this a few months ago when I saw one flying out of McGuire, but I could still swear it had a T-tail, or at least the vertical stabilizers were considerably higher than the wings.

C-5's & C-17's are awesome when they fly over @ about 1000ft over the house making their final turn on approach. KC-110's are quiet, & 135's shriek/whistle, while the C-5 rumbles by.
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.