Ketia0

my electric bill....

true...

But i dont have cable, internet, or phone at me casa... So no need for TV, or computers.. I have a laptop.. rarely use it at home. mostly at places that offer free WIFI ( Starbucks and Mcdonalds are good).

:)

"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

ouch! $400 dollars! I would cry! :(

i try not to run my a/c or heater to much.. my house is about 1300 square foot... im hoping this summer my bill wont get over $120 :|

"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

Nah... I'd obsess that it's not crystal clear and perfect. LOL. Plus, my neighbors use it during the day when I'm not home. At least someone gets to enjoy it!! :)

Dear Neighbor,

Why don't we average our electric bills then, since you get to use the pool too...:P

Nah... I'd obsess that it's not crystal clear and perfect. LOL. Plus, my neighbors use it during the day when I'm not home. At least someone gets to enjoy it!! :)

Dear Neighbor,

Why don't we average our electric bills then, since you get to use the pool too...:P

LOL - Because they take care of my kitty and house when I'm away. :)
Always be kinder than you feel.

I'm so jealous. I'm gearing up for the $400 monthly bills starting in a couple of months to run the pool and the a/c. And I have an Energy Star house. :|

Energy Star doesn't mean much. You're an example of how people have just gotten used to paying an insane amount to power, heat, and cool their house. Does is strike anyone as odd that this didn't used to be case? Instead our family structure has been changed to absorb paying $1000 a month for what used to be an inconsequential part of our budget.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I'm so jealous. I'm gearing up for the $400 monthly bills starting in a couple of months to run the pool and the a/c. And I have an Energy Star house.

Yeah, and mine goes around $550 a month in Aug and Sept. Same things, big house, big pool...you gotta pay to play...:|

One of those things seems to be all of the folks that come by to say hey and they happened to bring their swimsuits:o, but don't bring a towel...:S

I love for you to come swim and enjoy the pool, but come on, just bring your own towel, so I don't have to wash two more loads of laundry today!!!

:P

Oh, and bring your alcohol too...ya'll drink me dry and leave...:|

Ok...back to the elec bills...

I'm so jealous. I'm gearing up for the $400 monthly bills starting in a couple of months to run the pool and the a/c. And I have an Energy Star house. :|

Energy Star doesn't mean much. You're an example of how people have just gotten used to paying an insane amount to power, heat, and cool their house. Does is strike anyone as odd that this didn't used to be case? Instead our family structure has been changed to absorb paying $1000 a month for what used to be an inconsequential part of our budget.

------------------------------------------------

Why? Enviromental laws and taxes.

On my bill
Florida gross receipts tax
Franchise fee for ft Walton Beach
City Tax for FWB
total is 15.76 percent of electrical charge.>:(

Anyone notice all the fucking fees and taxes they
have put on phone bills.>:(

Energy Star doesn't mean much. You're an example of how people have just gotten used to paying an insane amount to power, heat, and cool their house.

Isn't that the truth. And I'm a one person household. I wonder what my neighbors with 2 adults and a couple of kids pay... Eek!!

I just thought of something...

My ex-sister-in-law and her family used to live in Middletown, PA right near 3 Mile Island.

There was some program because they lived in that area near the nuclear plant where they had ridiculously inexpensive electric.
Like $30 a month in the summer with the a/c going full blast. Maybe a 1200 square foot house.

Mine is 2,000 sq. ft. or something like that. The pool filter is 12 hours a day and the a/c 24/7 from pretty much May thru October. :( I wish I never put the damn pool in since I'm hardly ever home anymore to enjoy it. >:(

you may want look into a variable speed pool pump. they are pricey to install, but run upwards of 80% more efficient. they will pay for themselves in less than a year, and local power companies may offer good rebates. plus they have an auto shut down if an obstruction is sensed, as in a person getting entrapped. (now required by law on new pools and replacement pumps.) 12 hours is a bit excessive, 6 to 8 is the max i tell my clients to set the filter to run. (i own a pool service company). i run my filter 3 hours a day in the summer, water is crystal clear. pools vary, but you have to do a bit of experimenting on what works...could save alot, and buy more jumps!

Mine is 2,000 sq. ft. or something like that. The pool filter is 12 hours a day and the a/c 24/7 from pretty much May thru October. :( I wish I never put the damn pool in since I'm hardly ever home anymore to enjoy it. >:(

you may want look into a variable speed pool pump. they are pricey to install, but run upwards of 80% more efficient. they will pay for themselves in less than a year, and local power companies may offer good rebates. plus they have an auto shut down if an obstruction is sensed, as in a person getting entrapped. (now required by law on new pools and replacement pumps.) 12 hours is a bit excessive, 6 to 8 is the max i tell my clients to set the filter to run. (i own a pool service company). i run my filter 3 hours a day in the summer, water is crystal clear. pools vary, but you have to do a bit of experimenting on what works...could save alot, and buy more jumps!

Thanks for that advice. It is something to check out because I am going to get a price to install a heater if it isn't too outrageous!! BTW, I use Synergy chemicals, if that means anything.

So how many tadpoles do you keep in the pool?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

So how many tadpoles do you keep in the pool?:|
** :D
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

When did Texas get electricity?

Many parts of Texas now have freedom of choice regarding their electricity provider. You can shop for the best deal, based upon rates, how the energy is produced, lock-in for a long-term contract, etc. I've been changing electric companies about once per year, to keep my rates low. The difference for me is from $30 to $50 per month. If your company raises it's rates, just switch to someone else. It's too bad that not everyone gets this consumer freedom of choice, instead of the usual monopoly.

http://www.powertochoose.org/

Thanks for that advice. It is something to check out because I am going to get a price to install a heater if it isn't too outrageous!! BTW, I use Synergy chemicals, if that means anything.

HOLD IT!!! Don't get a heater. There are much better options. It's much less expensive in the long run to get a solar collector. You can also use it to heat your domestic water. If you actually want to know more about it then send me a message. I'm about to do an energy retrofit on a house in NJ so I'm getting familiar with the territory. You may be able to get some tax incentives for this.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher