Squeak

Weekend Numbers 13th-14th March 2010

:)4 head down 2 ways, with a mate, who is fresh back from several hours in the Eloy tunnel, he is going OFFB|B|. Me, I'm still one level up from a Gumby:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I taught a section on flying a good pattern to avoid canopy collisions, a subject near and dear to my heart.

I wish I'd made it to Safety Day at Elsinore to hear more about how to avoid canopy collisions. I had a sorta close call the other day and could have used some more knowledge on the subject...

2 jumps for me. Both really bad attempts at 5-way stars that never came together. But it's still fun to chase friends around the sky :)

I had a sorta close call the other day and could have used some more knowledge on the subject...

I think all of us have had a close one or two.:S Scary, eh?:P

There's a lot of great peeps at your DZ that can tell you a lot about safe canopy piloting. Ask around. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

John

;):3::D

One 10000 ft. ball of falling shit, (Read, Horny Gorilla attempt but the third couldn't get his feet in), 1 5000 HnP, and one 3800 HnP. :D for 1st downwind landing on this canopy, Fast as shit but fun to fly with a 10 mph tail wind.:o:P

ETA: Quote of the day from Cheach, "My face was RIGHT THERE!B|" :ph34r:
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

humps/jumps/beer....HA im in Iraq....i got NONE OF THE ABOVE...but lets see....

"Self Loved" about 50 times....Shot 0 Hajis....was a bad weekend....and ummm.....in replace of beer.....drank 12 boxes of milk....
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

:)4 head down 2 ways, with a mate, who is fresh back from several hours in the Eloy tunnel, he is going OFFB|B|. Me, I'm still one level up from a Gumby:ph34r:

1:)
Just one jump at Byron today. I'm beginning to 'feel it' ie that spring is almost here and I expect my pace of jumping will pick up soon. Unfortunately I missed the safety day events. I'll probably take Keith/Lisa's canopy course next weekend at Skydance which should help with at least the canopy aspects of safety (which seems to be where the greatest number of incidents occur these days).
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

:)
Still in shoulder rehab, but we had a great safety day here. I taught a section on flying a good pattern to avoid canopy collisions, a subject near and dear to my heart.

0:0:0

Safety Day was great for us. We had about 50 people on a cold rainy day.

I also presented the topic of avoiding canopy collisions, canopy safety in general and what to do and not do should you have one. I feel like USPA stopped at How to avoid and should have took it to the next level of stressing how to handle one if it does happen.

A topic also very near and dear to my heart.

It was a good day. :)
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

:)2 hnp from 3500 because of the clouds. Did my first back fly which I didn't mean to do. Got a little unstable trying something;) and fliped, some how managed to hold a back fly. The hard part was getting back to belly. Not going to try to do that again, but it was fun laughing about it afterwards. I bought a few rounds for the first jumps this year! As well as I hit the peas all 3 times.
Stop looking at me

;):3::D

One 10000 ft. ball of falling shit, (Read, Horny Gorilla attempt but the third couldn't get his feet in), 1 5000 HnP, and one 3800 HnP. :D for 1st downwind landing on this canopy, Fast as shit but fun to fly with a 10 mph tail wind.:o:P

ETA: Quote of the day from Cheach, "My face was RIGHT THERE!B|" :ph34r:

Hey...I got my feet in! So don't blame me. And my face was RIGHT THERE. Right at your butt man...right at it....

:(:4: :D

Fun jumps all around. Ball of shit with this guy and another guy. Another planned ball of shit with aq floater who wanted to go faster than 110mph on her 50th jump......

and oh! I avoided a canopy collision. Proud of me Pinky? :)

And I passed my B test!
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

no humps Cheach?? I find that hard to believe....ive seen you in the rack thread....wowza....give me a call in about 6 months, ill be well rested from this deployment ;):)

ill turn that frown upside down haha

so you will be geographically single then....well that works out great then, but of course i might have a conshince problem if i run into him in Afganistan......wait....i dont have a conshince....

[:/]: 11: 0

The weather was AWESOME in Texas this weekend!! I did 8 tandems, got taken on a tandem for someone else's tandem certification, and 2 fun jumps. I landed ALL of the tandems by myself (aka didn't have the students help me flare). It's nice to see that 10 hours at the gym a week, hiring a personal trainer, eliminating complex carbs, and drinking protein shakes is paying off!! :)
Needless to say, I feel good B|
http://3ringnecklace.com/