Andy0689

Call of Duty- Modern Warfare2

Lucky you!
ive been working 12-16 hour days the last 2 weeks so havent had a chance to go get it.

Big fan of COD4 for PC so im hoping modern warfare 2 rocks
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

Anyone else spend a good portion of the day playing it? My wife surprised me with a copy of it this morning. It's pretty good so far.

Do you have it on console or PC?
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Been playing it non stop since I got it! Good game so far, takes a while to get used to all the new stuff, but other than that, big thumbs up. Oh and I wasn't to impressed with the campaign...was very boring compared the the first modern warfare game.

-Evo
Zoo Crew

Anyone else spend a good portion of the day playing it? My wife surprised me with a copy of it this morning. It's pretty good so far.

Well, my 14 year old nephew was extremely upset that he he couldn't take his XBox with him when I dropped him off at the airport today ... to go to Punta Cana for a week! :D:D:D:D:D
'Shell

I heard it kinda sucks? No dedicated server support and a limited number of people online.

On the same thread tho, anyone play COD: World At War, or Cod4 Modern Warfare? I'd enjoy playing against some of you.
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

I heard it kinda sucks? No dedicated server support and a limited number of people online.

On the same thread tho, anyone play COD: World At War, or Cod4 Modern Warfare? I'd enjoy playing against some of you.

Got my copy yesterday evening. Since it was a 'school night' I wasn't able to play for very long, but so far I'm really impressed. They've improved the graphics, which I'd hardly have thought possible on the current hardware - there are an incredible number of characters on screen at once.

The controversial airport level early in the campaign was an odd experience - it was kind of uncomfortable, and I found myself deliberately aiming wide of the civilians (although I did end up having to brutally murder a lot of policemen!) It's interesting that people are suggesting it's immoral to take part in a fantasy terrorist action, but ok to spend hours blowing away hundreds of fantasy 'bad guys'.

The only things I'm not sure about so far are:
- The voice acting, which I don't think has been up to par with COD4.
- The feel of the multiplayer mode, which seems more 'arcadey' than previous versions.
- The more futuristic stuff, like heartbeat monitors on the weapons. Although I don't expect a fully realistic experience, I hope things don't get too sci-fi.

I had a very quick go on Xbox Live and had no problems quickly getting into a game. I do also play quite a lot of COD4 and World at War online, but Xbox only.

I do agree with the consensus that Infinity Ward are the better developer though. There's just something classier about the ones that they've produced. World at War looked great, but I thought the enemy AI was iffy.

No dedicated server support and a limited number of people online.

Yep. Not sure how it is possible to fuck up on this scale. They really screwed over serious PC gamers.

Who are:

1) Now the minority of gamers a developer aims for.
2) More difficult to program for, given the varying specs of machines.
3) The most demanding customer base (wanting modding ability, dedicated servers, cheap or free additional content etc).
4) the most likely / able to pirate the game.

I have to admit, I can kinda see the business decision to put the majority of the support and development into consoles.

Been playing it non stop since I got it! Good game so far, takes a while to get used to all the new stuff, but other than that, big thumbs up. Oh and I wasn't to impressed with the campaign...was very boring compared the the first modern warfare game.

-Evo

Really? I thought the campaign was better than the online play. Getting to drive the vehicles and the sniper parts were pretty sweet.
"I didn't know they gave out rings at the holocaust"

No dedicated server support and a limited number of people online.

Yep. Not sure how it is possible to fuck up on this scale. They really screwed over serious PC gamers.

Who are:

1) Now the minority of gamers a developer aims for.

Depends what developer you are talking about.

2) More difficult to program for, given the varying specs of machines.

Somewhat true, but they already coded the game for PC. Wouldn't be that hard to allow dedicated servers.

3) The most demanding customer base (wanting modding ability, dedicated servers, cheap or free additional content etc).

Again, they already coded the game for PC. Just pull a Bad Company and leave it off PC altogether if we're so unimportant.

4) the most likely / able to pirate the game.

And ironically, having dedicated authenticated servers gives PC gamers MORE of a reason to actually pay for the game. So this argument point doesn't even work.

Serious FPS gamers are serious PC gamers. CAL, TWL, CEVO, mean nothing to a console gamer. Screwing over those competitors is not a great business move. Those events cannot happen without dedicated servers.

It would be like shutting down the PST because only 1% of skydivers actually participate in it. Swooping is one of the coolest things our sport has to show both new participants and whuffos, etc (and also one with the most dangers, which doesn't really play into the comparison). PD would not be PD without their swoop team and events like the PST.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

$320 Million in sales in 24 hours...you can't really argue with their business model.

Serious gamers? Seriously? That's just silly. :D

No, I can't really argue with their business model, but that's not what we're talking about. Making money is mutually exclusive from making a good game (or film or any other piece of art). See also: shitty movies topping the box office.

And plenty of the world thinks the concept of jumping out of airplanes is silly, but does that matter to you?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com