kkeenan

Strange Things on the Job

Here's what happened when an alligator was doused by Liquid Oxygen (at -297degrees F) at Kennedy Space Center on Friday, following a purge of the lines at Launch Pad 39B.

Yes, it was a lot of liquid oxygen.

There is speculation that some reptiles will re-animate following a quick freezing like this, but I believe that this one just stayed dead. B|

Kevin K.

yeow!

A few years back a large delivery of LN2 was dumped in a parking lot at my work when a component on the delivery truck failed. It froze and shattered the tires on several vehicles parked nearby....

/edited to add: ...among other damage.

yeow!

A few years back a large delivery of LN2 was dumped in a parking lot at my work when a component on the delivery truck failed. It froze and shattered the tires on several vehicles parked nearby....

A few years ago a kid was driving his Mustang to the local drag strip with a freshly filled bottle of nitrous oxide in his front seat. As he passed by us the pressure relief valve popped off with a hell of a noise. The car filled with vapor and he slammed on the brakes and bailed out of the car. When the "smoke" cleared we ran over to the car and saw that his crushed velour upholstery was shattered like glass.:P

yeow!

A few years ago a kid was driving his Mustang to the local drag strip with a freshly filled bottle of nitrous oxide in his front seat. As he passed by us the pressure relief valve popped off with a hell of a noise. The car filled with vapor and he slammed on the brakes and bailed out of the car. When the "smoke" cleared we ran over to the car and saw that his crushed velour upholstery was shattered like glass.:P

Lol how was he doing on that much NOS?

A few years ago a kid was driving his Mustang to the local drag strip with a freshly filled bottle of nitrous oxide in his front seat. As he passed by us the pressure relief valve popped off with a hell of a noise. The car filled with vapor and he slammed on the brakes and bailed out

Ha. I guess that's a cultural difference. Most old-time jumpers I know would have stayed in the car for at least a few good hits of that NO2... ;)

A few years ago a kid was driving his Mustang to the local drag strip with a freshly filled bottle of nitrous oxide in his front seat. As he passed by us the pressure relief valve popped off with a hell of a noise. The car filled with vapor and he slammed on the brakes and bailed out

Ha. I guess that's a cultural difference. Most old-time jumpers I know would have stayed in the car for at least a few good hits of that NO2... ;)

I think if he realized what was happening he might have done that. Imagine........ he's riding down the road one second and then suddenly there's a roaring sound and the car fills with smoke! I would have bailed, too. :)

IF only someone could help that poor creature. Come to its rescue. Maybe some sort of Gatoraid...

Har har har

I think this guy could help, he is known for helping gators.
:D:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

IF only someone could help that poor creature. Come to its rescue. Maybe some sort of Gatoraid...

Har har har

That's one badass "K9" officer! :)

That was Sonny Crockett back before he made detective.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

he looks like Sangiro :)

Similar to Sangiro but there are some subtle differences! I think they are both related to these girls too.:D

NSFW!

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.