trendyp

canopy jumps numbers

Several thousand if its zero p, and well maintained.

Depends on where it's been jumped and packed. Assuming that it's kept out of the sun when it's not being used or packed... east coast of the US, landing mostly in grass and packed inside? A couple thousand. Desert area, landing mostly in dirt, packing in direct sunlight? More than a thousand but likely less than two thousand.

Hey Tonto?

About the lines, is there generally a rule of thumb for the amount of jumps on a canopy before you get new lines. Obvioulsy, I am talking about lines that are just old, and have been upkept theirn whole life. I had a feeling that you cant just keep the same lines for years and years even thouhg they show no rips or extreme fray, etc.

Up High!!

I'm not a rigger, but have access to two tame master riggers.:)
They check line trim for me about every 200 jumps, and as a rule I reline at a maximum of every 800 jumps. It's relatively cheap here, costing about $150 for both the lineset and replacement in (I think) 750lb Spectra. I earn a little over $40 per AFF dive - so it's foolish economy to hang onto an old lineset when I'm doing 300+ AFF dives a year.

When I get a new canopy, I tend to reline as a matter of course - almost regardless of how many jumps are on the canopy and whether or not it's in trim. That way I know where I am - and I know what I'm dealing with.

t
It's the year of the Pig.