highfly

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Unfortunately? XBox is #1...

Let's not start the flame wars. :S:)
I think Harmless just meant it was unfortunate that he can't play with the OP since he's on a different system.

I haven't bought BC2 yet just because, as others have said, there are so many major new games coming out. There isn't time to play them all!

LOL im totally for xbox over ps3.

But as mike said i said unfortunetly because i cant play with OP.

Im adding you as a friend harmless, my GT is mtbriles

Lol im a creative little fucker :D:D:D:P

Why not?
My direction in life is up...then down again REALLY REALLY FAST!!!
Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
D.S. #55

Just got BF:BC2 - after months of Modern Warfare it's going to take some adjusting (especially since it's also quite a bit different from BC1).

I agree. BC2 is not in the same league as MW and at times find BC2 a bit frustrating and or lacking in comparison. At times I think the friendly AI is substandard as your men won't advance while you provide suppressing fire and or run around in front of you while you are engaging the enemy.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Ill agree but if youre trying to get crazy tactical go play Operation Flashpoint :S

The campaign does lack but then again youre comparing it to the MWF series which is the best campaign for any FPS in my opinion.

gamertag: mtbriles

hit me up if youre on xbox.

Why not?
D.S. #55

The more I play this game the more I regret buying it. There is so much stupid shit I don't know where to begin and most of it is to make up for the shitty programming and story line. Running from house to house because it's cold out and you'll freeze to death in 100 meters? The use of constant dust storms so that you don't plow right through the scene and the bad guys with accurate fire. Head shots on bad guys that require a 2nd shot to put them down?

This reminds me of a throw back game, it's like it's from 5-10 years ago. This is one of those games where I wish I could get the people who made it in a room and line them up so I could hit each one of them in the head with a ball peen hammer one after another for creating such a steaming piece of shit....Then I'd feel like I got my money's worth. With games like MW and AC 2 out, there is no excuse for something like this. They should have kept with the the original BC style instead of trying to create a serious FP shooter. I'll be glad when I'm done with this game, if I even decide to keep playing it.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Its aa decent campaign IMO, play operation flashpoint and it will make you apreciate BF.

Play some multiplayer.
Why not?
D.S. #55

Just got BF:BC2 - after months of Modern Warfare it's going to take some adjusting (especially since it's also quite a bit different from BC1).

I agree. BC2 is not in the same league as MW and at times find BC2 a bit frustrating and or lacking in comparison. At times I think the friendly AI is substandard as your men won't advance while you provide suppressing fire and or run around in front of you while you are engaging the enemy.

Actually - I hadn't even played single-player yet, only multiplayer - and just the interface, knowing what to look for, etc, is going to take me a bit of time.

I just picked it up for the x360 yesterday. Haven't even opened it yet. I'll be starting soon though. Definitely when I get settled in at school. Gamertag is: IamPatrickc

Whoever mentioned MAG. Don't buy it! They keep patching it in an attempt to make it better and they just make it worse. Noobs bitch on the boards cause they are dying too much then they nerf all the guns. It went from awesome to terrible with one patch.

Heres something for everyone to chew on that's playing/played this game. Can you spot/name all of the scenes/scenarios that are rip offs from other video games out there? By rip offs I mean they are identical scenarios/layouts found in other games. As an example, the submarine pen scene/scenario in the beginning and the airplane scene/scenario at the end.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

The opening mission was still awesome and it closed well too with the skydiving scene regardless if it was copying something else. I enjoyed the campaign, granted it wasnt set up to be a cinematic campaign like in MWF2. But the multiplayer is wayyyyy better than the same shit over and over again in MWF2.

EDIT: BTW i added you skittles.
Why not?
D.S. #55

Heres something for everyone to chew on that's playing/played this game. Can you spot/name all of the scenes/scenarios that are rip offs from other video games out there? By rip offs I mean they are identical scenarios/layouts found in other games. As an example, the submarine pen scene/scenario in the beginning and the airplane scene/scenario at the end.

Still haven't played or even seen the game itself yet, but there's not much new under the sun when it comes to 'real world' FPSers. I love the MW games, but they're hardly free from cliche. Those explosive red barrels! :)
I was struck by how similar the BC2 box artwork is to that for MW2.

To this day, I still can't get enough of Rainbow Six Vegas 2. The online multiplayer is well balanced in that the better player usually wins the gunfight, and there are no "noob tube" type weapons. The online community has certainly dwindled over the last two years, but it's still pretty active. The community also seems to be more mature (for the most part) than other FPS games mentioned in this thread.

One demo I downloaded last night off of PS store was Just cause 2. THis looks like it could have some good potential with a lot of variations in the gameplay. Its also got a parachute in it ;)

Download it and see what you all think.......

www.myspace.com/durtymac

Lol ive been playing it ALOT. Its fun and a good open world game. HUGE map.

The parachute thing is pretty awesome. I wish i could pull at 3ft and live. Lol.

Another amazing game thats coming out is Red Dead Redemption. Its similiar to GTA and Just Cause but old west style.

Im looking forward to Splinter Cell: Conviction B|:)

Why not?
D.S. #55

Love the game. I play on-line hardcore mode.

I love that there is a digital projectile that must hit the target so you have to count for bullet drop and lead the target. The maps are huge and the things you can do is limitless.

I have not touched the campaign yet I never do until I get bored with the on-line.

Xbox 360 darius112 if you add me let me know your from dz.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqy7kYBN3ow

thats a link to a good video montage of the game with some good music. Reg. multiplayer

Enjoy
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

The maps are huge and the things you can do is limitless

Not in Campaign mode. Try to land nav to the next objective in the way that makes the most sense and you get the gray screen of "You're leaving the map, return to the map" with a countdown timer. If you don't get back on their route/map before the timer hits zero you die. It would be nice if you could lean out to shoot around cover instead of having to move out into the line of fire to engage the enemy.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

The maps are huge and the things you can do is limitless

Not in Campaign mode. Try to land nav to the next objective in the way that makes the most sense and you get the gray screen of "You're leaving the map, return to the map" with a countdown timer. If you don't get back on their route/map before the timer hits zero you die. It would be nice if you could lean out to shoot around cover instead of having to move out into the line of fire to engage the enemy.

What do you know? As if you were some kinda soldier or sumthin?:S:S:ph34r:
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama