Slappie

Antonov 225

I was waitingfor a flight transfer at a norwegian airport a few years ago when the 124 touched down to pick up Red Cross supplies. Shot a bunch of photos. But they were lost in a harddrive crash!

Would LOVE to see the 225 in person!!!

EDIT: found some of the low res versions!
Antonov1
Antonov2
Antonov3
Antonov4

Would make a nice jumpship allright!

Yep, I've chartered the big boy for a hot ass shipment to Korea.

http://www.ilankelman.org/themes/antonov.jpg

This beast will be touching down in Houston IAH this Friday. We load out on Saturday morning. I've seen the little brother the 124 before. I've never EVER seen this one except in pictures.

Hopefully I'll be able to post up some pix next week of the tour and load out.

I saw the 124 in Houston last Oct. What ya'll loading out on this fuckin beast of a plane?!B|

Yep, I've chartered the big boy for a hot ass shipment to Korea

To the nearest $10K, what's it run to charter that thing to Korea? Do you get the whole plane, or do they piggyback other freight in the nooks and crannies?

We get the whole plane and let's just say as for the cost. IT's expensive. You pay a charter fee, then they prorate how much freight, size and weight etc... I'm into it for $1.5+mil with the weight we're putting on we're getting it pretty cheaply. The more weight, the more fuel stops she has to make. I'm just over 236k lbs of freight. She can handle 550k lbs of freight. Max load on take off is 1.3mil lbs plane and freight. Needs a just under a 3 mile runway for take off.

Just an amazing plane.

Basically I'm shipping stuff that should be moving ocean, via air freight. In the oil patch, this isn't always that uncommon. Though, I've only ever chartered the AN-124. Never the big sister AN-225. Going down the IAH about 7am on Saturday to putz about while we load. B| Hopefully I'll have some hi-res pix to share.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I'm into it for $1.5+mil with the weight we're putting on we're getting it pretty cheaply. The more weight, the more fuel stops she has to make. I'm just over 236k lbs of freight.

That's quite a shipping bill.

If you do the math, it's only $6/$7 a pound, which isn't that bad. If you chartered it Monday, and it leaves IAH on Sat, the freight will be in Korea by Monday.

I wonder what it would cost to ship a pound to Korea in a week? Probably more than $6, but I guess you're getting the quantity discount.

The real question is how much is the freight worth if the shipping is $1.5M?

I'm into it for $1.5+mil with the weight we're putting on we're getting it pretty cheaply. The more weight, the more fuel stops she has to make. I'm just over 236k lbs of freight.

That's quite a shipping bill.

If you do the math, it's only $6/$7 a pound, which isn't that bad. If you chartered it Monday, and it leaves IAH on Sat, the freight will be in Korea by Monday.

I wonder what it would cost to ship a pound to Korea in a week? Probably more than $6, but I guess you're getting the quantity discount.

The real question is how much is the freight worth if the shipping is $1.5M?

I have a feeling if he told you, he'd have to kill you!:D