Squeak

Do I NEED all that iPhone memory

So i am thinking of getting an iPhone and know next to nothing about them or other smart phones.
So what do you guys think?
I dont play games or store to manny pics or vids. I have an 60Gb iPod which i lisyen to but dont carry everywhere, so i will dowload some tunes to the phone.
I know NOTHING about apps and which if any i need
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Id go with the 16GB. I have an 8GB, and for the most part its ok, but I actually have to manage what music is on my phone and sometimes that gets annoying lol. But I have a bunch of apps and music and I still have about half a GB free. But I really think 32 would be over kill. The 30 I have on my regular iPod was overkill. Unless of course you have a TON of music you want on there.

Unless you're going to put a lot of music/videos/pictures on it ... nope. Have the 16GB ... a couple hundred pics ... 1,400 songs ... tons of apps with some that are fairly large ... some skydiving videos I've made ... and still have 8 GB free. Found that in order to save battery life for the phone/internet ... I still use my ipod rather than the iphone for music.

Hope this helps.

Quincy...

Id go with the 16GB. I have an 8GB, and for the most part its ok, but I actually have to manage what music is on my phone and sometimes that gets annoying lol. But I have a bunch of apps and music and I still have about half a GB free. But I really think 32 would be over kill. The 30 I have on my regular iPod was overkill. Unless of course you have a TON of music you want on there.

That damn thing isnt dead yet??

I want a 32, because I can put all of my music and a couple movies on it. This 8gb really filled up fast!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I want a 32, because I can put all of my music and a couple movies on it. This 8gb really filled up fast!

NOPE! It barely works but it's still going :P

(for those who dont know I have the original 2G version, that has been dropped from various heights, once took a nap in the snow, been repaired twice, replaced twice, and basically the little guy hates me, but Im keeping him til he doesnt turn on anymore!)

And when I got it, 8 was as big as they came ;)

(for those who dont know I have the original 2G version, that has been dropped from various heights, once took a nap in the snow, been repaired twice, replaced twice, and basically the little guy hates me, but Im keeping him til he doesnt turn on anymore!)

Its not the size, its what you do with it!

Atleast TWSS:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

You would know ;):P

First off, it was COLD that morning... Second, I thought you said you werent peeking at me in the shower! I feel violated

First off, it was COLD that morning... Second, I thought you said you werent peeking at me in the shower! I feel violated

Me? Peek? :o:):D:D

I dont play games or store to manny pics or vids. I have an 60Gb iPod which i lisyen to but dont carry everywhere, so i will dowload some tunes to the phone.

If you gonna use any navigation software, you need 16Gb at least. U.S. map s are at least 1.2Gb (Magellan RoadMate; Navigon is 1.8Gb), and Europe maps are 2-3 gigs depending on coverage. Dictionaries are another kind of apps which are flash-hungry.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

I have a 32g iTouch - use Verizon so I didn't get the phone.
I figured the extra $80 from 16g to 32g was worth it.
It seems like music files are getting bigger and bigger over years.

Oh yeah - the apps?? Several are free so I download them and try them. Some I keep, some I delete. You'll find several more that you think you will.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

No such thing as overkill lol. I got the 8 gig as well now and it works good but had my laptop not crashed i would have had a hard time managing all my music on this thing. I had a ton of music which i had to always switch around on the ipod so just go as big as you can afford youd rather have it and not need it tjam need it and not have it
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Psssst .... If'n it's been replaced a couple of times ..... um ..... it's not the same phone:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

the 3GS smallest is 16GB. i got that after i left my 8GB 3G on top of my car and drove to work :(

8GB was plenty for me, and i don't know what i'm gonna do with 16GB...but like previous posters said, you can't have too much.

and DO GET the mobileme thingie. it's $99 i think (i got a $30 rebate for buying it with the phone) but i heard of someone who lost the phone, GPS'd it, finder didn't wanna return it, and got the police to take it away from the finder and return it. probably would still have my 8GB 3G if i had that before.

Psssst .... If'n it's been replaced a couple of times ..... um ..... it's not the same phone:P

I know, but they all have hated me, so I consider it the same one :P