greybeard

quit smoking one year ago today, no drama

Hell Yeah!!! Good job! Did you use anything to help you quit?

Tomorrow will be 14 days for me. I bought an electronic cigarette (finally found a model that wasn't a huge pain in the ass to use) and haven't felt the need to smoke a regular cigarette since. I love it ... No smoke, no odor, and no nasty taste in my mouth. Still getting the nicotine, but it's basically just that and flavored water vapor. I couldn't be happier and I'm amazed at how much better I can breathe compared to two weeks ago. It has been quite a long time since I have felt that.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

if you're still getting nicotine, you haven't quit.

I said I quit smoking regular cigarettes. Personally I would rather continue to have an addiction to nicotine without the other four thousand some chemical compounds that come from a regular cigarette.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)

It's a good step. Use the step down program that comes with that system. You can get loose! Kudos to you for taking the first step.:)

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

It's a good step. Use the step down program that comes with that system. You can get loose! Kudos to you for taking the first step.:)

Thanks for not being a jackass like the OP B|

If you want to quit nicotine, read this and you will. No shit, 4 months or so for me. Easy as pie, I hardly ever even think about it anymore. Fuck the gum and the stupid electronic water vaporizer (no offence I had one too for a bit)

http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Way-Stop-Smoking-Non-Smokers/dp/1402718616/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269313339&sr=8-1

I have it as PDF, too big to upload but if you want it I will email it to anyone who asks. No harm in giving it a glance.

Sure ... I would love to read it. I'll PM you my email address.

Just curious though ... What was your issue with the electronic vaporizer?

Maybe I'll change my mind, but I can see myself still using it even after gradually cutting the nicotine level down to zero, just because of the physical habit.

Maybe I'll change my mind, but I can see myself still using it even after gradually cutting the nicotine level down to zero, just because of the physical habit.

the physical habit can be broken in a couple of days it's nothing more than a routine, just change th routine.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

the physical habit can be broken in a couple of days it's nothing more than a routine, just change th routine.

Yeah but I like it ... Where is the harm in inhaling a flavored vapor?

Honestly, I don't give a fuck :) My motivational factors were ....

1) The smell of cigarette smoke irritates a lot of people (eventually that included myself)

2) The taste in my mouth was nasty

3) I wanted to have the ability to breathe normally again ...

AND

4) I'm hoping to avoid dying from it

No weight gain, no problem drinking and not smoking, no drama. I'm not special, just real.

Wow!! Well done :)
I've never been a smoker, but I can imagine that because it's such a social and lifestyle thing it must be difficult to give up.. Plus so many people aren't successful in quitting, so it must be hard.. Big pat on the back to you and keep it up B|
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss