CSpenceFLY

I guess it wasn't so bad to have skydivers in town after all

What do Skydivers have to do with it? it was black kids![:/]

Are skydivers no longer welcome ?

Spence used to hold the St Patricks boogie in Dublin, GA for 5 years, 2004 - 2008, then the city decided they didn't want the event anymore. I'm not sure exactly what the circumstances were, but there is a 2 year old thread on here about it.

I like Fitzgerald a lot better. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

How do you know the kids were black? The article doesn't say so.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Reading the comments from the people that were there-but that's off subject.
Spence, I think the difference between that festival and the boogie is that the festival generates fees for the city and the boogie put money in the hands of local businesses-unfortunately, the city/county fathers call the shots. I know that the locals business owners miss us.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Dublin sucks! Karma wins! :D:D:D

They did us a favor.

I'm with Billy, I like Fitz better anyway.

B|

Airport's right in town - check
motels barely a mile away - check
lake next to airport - check
booze store just behind motel - check
RV park with hook-ups - check
and many more to mention

so fuck yeah, Fitzgerald rocks and Dublin sucks donkey balls (sorry Mouth) :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

They did us a favor.

B|

and many more to mention

so fuck yeah, Fitzgerald rocks and Dublin sucks donkey balls (sorry Mouth) :ph34r:

It's my home town too, and I agree with you!
Screw them. We found a great place where we are welcome & wanted.
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

They did us a favor.

B|

and many more to mention

It's my home town too, and I agree with you!
Screw them. We found a great place where we are welcome & wanted.

even the police we got to meet liked us enough to leave!!!
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

Great post! I, for one, will do all I can to keep them wanting the event to come back.

And that includes keeping a super soaker filled with ice cold water handy. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::D:D:D

It wasn't the city that ran the skydivers out it was the county get the facts straight. and as for Dublin sucking there are gangs in every community, even in small town U.S.A. I am a polie officer here in Dublin, my department or city council did not stop the boogie,

Mark

It wasn't the city that ran the skydivers out it was the county get the facts straight. and as for Dublin sucking there are gangs in every community, even in small town U.S.A. I am a polie officer here in Dublin, my department or city council did not stop the boogie,

Mark

Mark is correct. It was the county commissioners and the administrators that I had my problem with. They all lied when they claimed they had no idea what had been going on at the airport for 4 yrs.

But my biggest problem was with all of the people in town that loved us being there but stood silent and let small town government run a muck. You need only look at something like this to see why we will never straighten out our federal government. Too many people stand silent.

The police were just doing their jobs, how they were told to do it. Even the part where they were pulling people over for tag lights out and running radar on Airport Rd. where there are no speed limit signs. If they can live with that then I can live with that. Can't see it from my boogie anymore.

It's all good. Dublin has what they deserve and we have a new home. I didn't start this to be a serious thread. Just wanted to show that some people pick the wrong battles,cause I'm pretty sure that no one can show me where skydivers caused any trouble in the town/city of Dublin. The difference is the skydivers left, the thugs are there to stay.

BTW, you could never get anything like this printed in Dublin because a politician owns the news paper there.

But my biggest problem was with all of the people in town that loved us being there but stood silent and let small town government run a muck.

This happens ALL too often and the sad thing is when it's all said and done there is NO winner. This has been happening with Bridge Day for a number of years now and still continues to happen.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero