ntrprnr

HOLY F'ING SHIT!

I just got invited to do a Tandem with the Golden Knights at Andrews AFB!!!

And before you ask, I'm not even GOING to ask them if I can jump solo with them. It would be like me challenging Warren Buffett to a "who can invest more wisely" contest.

I am SO stoked!!

Do either one. But regardless of your belly skills, they'll make you look great.

I dont think he would have a choice in the matter of solo vs tandem, being that its on an Air Base...

That's probably a given as well - But I'm just so freaking honored to be asked! I have such amazing respect for the military, and to combine that with my favorite hobby... Wow. I'm just so honored! These are the guys who jump the Bush Sr.!

Wow. I'm just so honored! These are the guys who jump the Bush Sr.!

Bush Sr. ( an awesome man, American, warrior and patriot:)

So hey, what's the event that has you jumping with the Knights? You know, it might be more fun to play "scared to death" all the way to the door and then do the most beautiful, shit-together tandem that's ever been done, all smiles and stuff for the camera. :D

So hey, what's the event that has you jumping with the Knights? You know, it might be more fun to play "scared to death" all the way to the door and then do the most beautiful, shit-together tandem that's ever been done, all smiles and stuff for the camera. :D

I like that idea a lot more. Look - This will be filmed, and is my only chance to ever jump with such an esteemed group of individuals. I know I'm not "ready" to do that - not by a long shot - and I'm more than happy to just "enjoy the ride" for the first time in five years! :)

I like that idea a lot more. Look - This will be filmed, and is my only chance to ever jump with such an esteemed group of individuals. I know I'm not "ready" to do that - not by a long shot - and I'm more than happy to just "enjoy the ride" for the first time in five years! :)

First, congratulations! Second, congratulations for knowing you own limits. If more of us in this sport did, we would have far fewer accidents and posts in the "Blue Skies" forum. Good for you!:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I just got invited to do a Tandem with the Golden Knights at Andrews AFB!!!

And before you ask, I'm not even GOING to ask them if I can jump solo with them. It would be like me challenging Warren Buffett to a "who can invest more wisely" contest.

I am SO stoked!!

Congrats! on getting the opportunity! Is it for an air show? How did you get chosen? Are you a member of the local press? Was your skydiving experience a factor?
Now, if you doing a tandem here's a prediction..... Your ride to altitude will reveal your subconscious gear checks. You will check a handle and, of course, it won't be there. Then, periodically you'll check a strap or something.....then something else. Each time realizing that "Oh Yeah!..I'm not wearing my rig." You will feel absolutely naked because everyone else is wearing a rig and you are not! It will be a little unnerving and very unnatural!

Here's a local news anchor jumping with SOCOM this past weekend at MacDill Airfest.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/good_day/laura-moody-takes-a-leap-of-fate-032210

Congrats! on getting the opportunity! Is it for an air show? How did you get chosen? Are you a member of the local press? Was your skydiving experience a factor?
Now, if you doing a tandem here's a prediction..... Your ride to altitude will reveal your subconscious gear checks. You will check a handle and, of course, it won't be there. Then, periodically you'll check a strap or something.....then something else. Each time realizing that "Oh Yeah!..I'm not wearing my rig." You will feel absolutely naked because everyone else is wearing a rig and you are not! It will be a little unnerving and very unnatural!

OMG - I never even thought of that! Yeah - I haven't been in a plane for skydiving without a rig ever! That's gonna be WEIRD!

I got invited because the Army is trying to grow their social media presence, and I know a little bit about the industry and have a little following online. So it should be incredibly exciting.

And yes - Totally, totally stoked. Giggling like an 8-year-old. Whee!

So cool! B|

I have jumped with a few of the Golden Knights on some of the big way state records up and down the east coast. I had one next to my slot on one event.

Later on they gave me an autographed Golden Knights 8 way team picture that I have framed on the wall. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Screw $20. $100 if you get a side spin going.

:D:D:D

I heard they only invited him because they lost the sandbag dummy they normally use to train new TI's.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

$100 if you can manage to reach down and take your shoes off in freefall between exit and before the drogue comes out. :ph34r:

The Knights are really cool. I've jumped with a few of them at Raeford and a few more as they were on the road between some shows and organized at the local DZ's. They used to organize every year at the WFFC so it was always fun to take the team out and build Hybrids with them or freefly with them since they typically did not get to do that while on the road.

I'd seriously ask to do a regular jump with them instead of a tandem. Once they learn that you've got a few hundred jumps anyways I'd be surprised if they couldn't work something out with you.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com