Twoply

Motorcycle helmets

Anyone know where I can have a DOT rated motorcycle helmet made that would resemble a Clone Trooper's?

Yes I did really just ask that and I would wear it. Whatever.

I'm sure whoever did this one can accommodate you.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

i cant see anyone making a one off for DOT approval, but perhaps someone can modify an existing DOT approved helmet to suit? DOT approval cost quite a bit of $$$
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

This guy has one - don't know how safe it is or if it is legal - but - it's cool in a weird kinda way.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

This guy has one - don't know how safe it is or if it is legal - but - it's cool in a weird kinda way.

What guy?:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

What guy?:ph34r:

He's invisible . . .

But I have corrected that . . . :)

i cant see anyone making a one off for DOT approval, but perhaps someone can modify an existing DOT approved helmet to suit? DOT approval cost quite a bit of $$$

I would think you could have someone add the rest of the Clone Trooper gear to one of THESE.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

DOT approval cost quite a bit of $$$

No, it doesn't. In order to be DOT approved, the manufacturer must believe the helmet would pass the tests. No actual testing required. Every year, a bunch of DOT approved helmets are independently tested. About half fail.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/testing/comply/fmvss218/

SNELL testing is a whole different animal.

Derek V

DOT approval cost quite a bit of $$$

No, it doesn't. In order to be DOT approved, the manufacturer must believe the helmet would pass the tests. No actual testing required. Every year, a bunch of DOT approved helmets are independently tested. About half fail.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/testing/comply/fmvss218/

SNELL testing is a whole different animal.

Derek V

wow didn't know that, to get ANY sort of safety approval here you HAVE to get them tested by a recognised authority and pay for the testing and certification Which costs a considerable amount here.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You could start with a Simpson ... like these
Simpson Helmets

A mate has one of those paint like a skull, it's really well done. Not Aussie compliant mind you tjhough :ph34r: he brought it out with him, from the old dart
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Well...I'm not sure how the aero or the visibility on that would be.
I mean you could get one of these (which I own)
http://www.no2.speedmotorcycleclothing.net/img/p/19-95-large.jpg and maybe have some one overlay some paint and some stickers on it?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I would think you could have someone add the rest of the Clone Trooper gear to one of THESE.

Thats the way of the world, DoT Isn't for every one, for example in England if you are a immigrant you can legaly wear
a rag on your head, of course an English man can't, Same as if you are a copper and an immigrant
you can wear a rag instead of the silly bobbies hat. But this is the BF so I'll leave it at that.

Gone fishing

Anyone know where I can have a DOT rated motorcycle helmet made that would resemble a Clone Trooper's?

Yes I did really just ask that and I would wear it. Whatever.

Are you "Wanting" to get your ass kicked?

you have just raised the level of Geek by two!:D

So i guess I shouldn't tell you how I'm going to rig my summer riding jacket with EL wire so I'll have that Tron effect while riding in the evenings?....you know....in the name of safety via increased visibility! :)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

So i guess I shouldn't tell you how I'm going to rig my summer riding jacket with EL wire so I'll have that Tron effect while riding in the evenings?....you know....in the name of safety via increased visibility! :)

:D:D:D

You is gonna look a right tosser and no mistake - post pictures, we all need a larf:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

So i guess I shouldn't tell you how I'm going to rig my summer riding jacket with EL wire so I'll have that Tron effect while riding in the evenings?....you know....in the name of safety via increased visibility!

Make sure you get hot pink and a driver that will make it flash as well!!:P

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.