Nataly

How long does it take you to unpack??

Just wondering what everyone else does.. Before I go away, I like the place to be spotless - it's just nice to come back to a clean home :)
When do I get back, however, I have a bad habit of dumping all my stuff all over the place & not looking at it for a long time.. It basically negates the cleaning I did in the first place!! D'oh!

What about everyone else?
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

About 2-3 seconds. Pitch the hacky and I'm unpacked.

Now *that's* the way to do it!! B|
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

well when we came home from our 12 month sojourn, all we had to do was unzip the backpacks and pour out the contents.
Then open the boxes we mailed home to ourselves.

4 months later We have yet to take anything OUT of said boxes, but they are opened :D:D

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

well when we came home from our 12 month sojourn, all we had to do was unzip the backpacks and pour out the contents.
Then open the boxes we mailed home to ourselves.

4 months later We have yet to take anything OUT of said boxes, but they are opened :D:D

Ah ha ha!! They say that if something isn't unpacked within the first month of a house-move, it will forever remain in the box.. If that's true, I wonder why we are so reluctant to just throw the box out??! :|
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I greet the cats, look at the mail and then put everything in its place before I let myself relax. I'm the same way as you about cleaning up before I leave. Actually, I do that every evening because I like to wake up to a tidy house in the morning.

My daughter tells me I'm OCD. :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Depends on if it is a biz trip or vacation. 5 minutes or less for a biz trip. Shirts/trousers in the basket going to the cleaners, other clothes to the laundry room. Shaving kit to the master bath to reload what ever is low and remove all the stolen hotel soap and shampoo.
Vacation-it can be a couple of days before I get everything squared away.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Get yourself a wife ... I did - problem solved:P

Ohh.. Fighting words, Shroppy!! :D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

:D:D:D

She doesn't read here ... I'll be fine ...... most likely:)

Umm i just cut and pasted it onto Mrs Shrops FB page :D:D:D:D

April 8 may not be the fun you hoped for:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I greet the cats, look at the mail and then put everything in its place before I let myself relax. I'm the same way as you about cleaning up before I leave. Actually, I do that every evening because I like to wake up to a tidy house in the morning.

It's only obsessive when you clean for the 10th time.. Right??
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Like I said... EVERYTHING is always in a box.

The only thing that ever gets unpacked is the kitchen. I own a container or bin for most everything else and the rest goes in boxes. Makes moving a lot less of a pain in the ass and I don't spend much time at home anyways.
"Damn you Gravity, you win again"

My car has a permanent travel kit. Hygene products, sleeping bag, tent, and change of clothes never leave my car. I just throw in the container for what ever activity I'm off too. One for skydiving, boating or snowboarding. and One with clothing.

ETA: My container from Fitzgerald has yet to be unpacked... when it's time to Skydive Alabama's anniversary next weekend, I'll wash the clothes in that container and pack them right back in ;)

"Damn you Gravity, you win again"

I like to chuck the dirty clothes in the laundry, put away the the other stuff, and shove my luggage back up on the closet shelf - I'm done. :)

And my big thing is that I hate to start my day in a dirty kitchen. Nothing like fresh brewed coffee and a little tranquility. B|

Depends on the vaca... if the place I am staying has a washer/dryer I clean all my clothes the last day of vaca and when I get home live out of the suitcase till I finally get motivated to put the few remaining items away and kick the suitcase under the bed.... if the vaca ends before wash is done then I empty the suitcase as soon as I get home and do laundry right away.
Travis Roy Foundation. At very least its a tax write off