skyrider

You Know You Are A Skydiver When....

While watching TV if you have to go to the bathroom during a commerciel, You go into a full track down the hallway!

Your "Falling dreams" end with a Swoop landing...

You hear a stock report about points as being in a 35 second window!

When someone says you have a "call" you try to remeber if you are packed or not!

When you hear someone is Terminal, your first thought is "So well?"

An Airplane flys over your house, and you watch for Exit , judging the spot!

Every time you see a green light, You want a beer!

At Holidays gatherings, you have an overwhelming desire to grab the pie off the table and Pie someone!

When you hear "Three way" Sex is NOT the first thing on your mind!

You look at any raise in pay, as being number of jumps you can do next week!

"Airtrash", is a Club your friends belong to friends , not an insult!

Add to the list...I am sleepy...(3;30 IN THE FUCKIN MORNING...NO WONDER)

Your last thought at 3:30 in the fuckin morning after starting a silly ass thread is , "Did I pack?"

When you are a teacher and your kids say something like, "That's the first time I have heard that." or "This is the first time I got a 100 on my spelling test." and you react by saying, "Case of..hey. Great job!"
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

When you flake your bed instead of making it.

When your work clothes have grippers.

When you refer to your recent breakup as an intentional cutaway.

You get engaged, and your spouse-to-be is thinking, "I can't believe I convinced him(her) to take the honeymoon in Paris!" and YOU'RE thinking, "I
can't believe I convinced her(him) to take the honeymoon in Perris!"

..during weeks of bad weather you practice your exit count by rolling down your window on the highway and sticking your arm out..

..when daydreaming at a red light and it turns green and you look to make sure your chest strap is correct..

..you see a new building being built and get excited cause it has a nice tall crane on top of it.. wait that is a different forum, but still involves a parachute

Hi ride,
When....whuffo girls refuse to date you because they think you might get killed skydiving and therefore are a bad marriage risk!!!

I met a woman - 32 years old, recently divorced, and moved back
in with her mom.

I called her up and her mom answered.
"My daughter is not going to hang out at the skydiving place.
You can kill yourself if you want. Call back when you quit
that stupid sport."

I plan on calling her back if I give up the sport.
After all, I'll bet she still thinks about me...

15 years later. :D

When you are slalom water skiing, and every time you wipe out, instead of curling up in a ball for the impact,
you instinctively go into a big arch to get stable.>:(

It provides great entertainment value for your friends in the boat, but it HURTS LIKE HELL!>:(

And your buddies are laughing so hard they can barely drag
your ass out of the water as you gasp for breath.:S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Compliments of Skypuppy

I've always loved these

1. At university, you change course in midterm because you think you can still pass while spending 3, 4 or even 5 days a week at the dropzone. (of course, the two days you might actually go to class you spend thinking of jumping and doodling skydivers and little parachutes in the margins of your medieval philosophy textbook)....

2 You cut your honeymoon short a few days so you can go jump in the Hamilton Air Show.

3. You leave your wife to unpack the day after moving into a new house so you can go do a demo for Labatt's. (Water and phone not hooked up yet.)

4. You think about the time you've been involved in the sport not in years, but in how many friends you've lost to it.

5. You go give blood with your friends, not for a blood drive but because another buddy went in and needs all the blood you can give.

6. You resent being asked to go to family functions on weekends because your family 'should know you better by now'.

7. Whether you're canoeing a wilderness lake, or driving into downtown, you keep your eyes up, looking around thinking "I could do two seconds off that one! That's a decent one-second. There -- I could get someone to d-bag me off that!"

8. You think it's relatively normal to show up for work wearing a cast, or on crutches.

9. You hear reports on the news of an unnamed jumper from Southern Ontario dying while parachuting off a bridge, and because you know who you don't want it to be, you wonder who you'd rather it was instead....

10. Your rig(s) are worth more than your wheels.

11. A girl you brought out to the dz says "It makes me horny when you open low...", and it scares you a bit because on your next jump you think you might....

12. You show up at a new dropzone where you don't know anyone, and you can't think of any place you'd rather be.

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

11. A girl you brought out to the dz says "It makes me horny when you open low...", and it scares you a bit because on your next jump you think you might....

^^^Best one I have ever read.

And my own contribution:
-When you have seen this thread for the hundredth-fucking-time :P

When you register for certain college courses because you can write about skydiving for every paper, also knowing nobody will contradict your argument because they don't know any better.

Yup, I just spent two hours doing that. "HRTM111- Leisure as Cultural Identities." This should hopefully be the easiest B- ever.
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Hi ride,
When....whuffo girls refuse to date you because they think you might get killed skydiving and therefore are a bad marriage risk!!!

I met a woman - 32 years old, recently divorced, and moved back
in with her mom.

I called her up and her mom answered.
"My daughter is not going to hang out at the skydiving place.
You can kill yourself if you want. Call back when you quit
that stupid sport."

I plan on calling her back if I give up the sport.
After all, I'll bet she still thinks about me...

15 years later. :D

Hi HT,
I Knew IT, I Knew It!!! Only thing is, how many of those whuffo chicks that turn us down don't say it to our face but for sure behind our backs!! Best weed em out before ya get AIDS...Altitude Induced Divorce Syndrome, its very expen$ive!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

You get engaged, and your spouse-to-be is thinking, "I can't believe I convinced him(her) to take the honeymoon in Paris!" and YOU'RE thinking, "I
can't believe I convinced her(him) to take the honeymoon in Perris!"

My honeymoon was in Eloy at the holiday boogie.B|

Now, a few years later, my lovely wife is about to "JM" her first "SL" FJC on or about March 3rd...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."