Harmless

East Coast Beer

So a couple of my friends are driving up the east coast right now from Alabama to New York City.

So I thought I'd take full advantage and have them bring me back some regional beer. Only Problem is I'm not familiar with any :P

So whats your advice?
Some of my favorites are:
Dechute's Black Butte Porter from Oregon
Bell's Special Double Cream Stout from Michigan
Left Hand's Milk Stout from Colorado

Stouts, Porters, and Red Ales are my favorites but I'll try anything if highly recommended... prefereably something they can get at a grocery store near the interstate, anywhere between New York and Alabama.
"Damn you Gravity, you win again"

A few East Coast Breweries and my favorites:
Victory Brewing in Philly (Hop Wallow)
Dogfishhead in Delaware (Palo Santo Maron)
Ommegang (Triple IPA)

For the rest you'll have to come up here to Vermont where we have the highest number of craft breweries per capita than any other state.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

He is listing what he enjoys, so that people from the east coast can make recommendations for beer from their area.
Good luck finding some good beer!

I thought it was pretty clear... anyways they are heading home in the morning so it's kinda quick notice.

My advice is what we did a few weeks ago. Just visit Kelly Farrington in Sunriver, OR, get a new Infinity, and have him take you to the Deschutes Brewery tour. I must have had at least a pint of samples just waiting for the tour to start.B| The Cindercone with the Amarillo hops? Bought a case of that.:)

umm... I already love Deschutes, Black Butte is probably my favorite beer of all time... still very hard to get in Alabama without paying an arm and a leg. Although I might be dropping in the area around August :)

Yuengling and Dogfish are obvious though, I can buy those here in Alabama. I'm looking for more obscure stuff.

Whoever mentioned Victory Brewing company, do they stock those in regular grocery stores or just specialty stores? I saw lots of distributors around Philly on the website...

A few East Coast Breweries and my favorites:
Victory Brewing in Philly (Hop Wallow)
Dogfishhead in Delaware (Palo Santo Maron)
Ommegang (Triple IPA)

+1

I've tried quite a few beers from Dogfish Head and Victory, and both brewers rock! I have a buddy who's as big a beer nut as I am or more, and he loved the Ommegang beers he's tried too.

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

I actually work part time over at Yards Brewery in Philadelphia to help them out with beer festivals and other such fun adult events.

Naturally my vote goes to them! They make some delicious IPAs and Porters.

Victory and Dogfish are also excellent choices,

The 90 minute IPA from Dogfish Head remains one of my favorites. A little expensive...but completely worth it....you get blasted.....

I actually work part time over at Yards Brewery in Philadelphia to help them out with beer festivals and other such fun adult events.

Naturally my vote goes to them! They make some delicious IPAs and Porters.

Victory and Dogfish are also excellent choices,

The 90 minute IPA from Dogfish Head remains one of my favorites. A little expensive...but completely worth it....you get blasted.....

Grab ONE bottle of Palo Santo. Holy Damn Good.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

There are 3 good breweries in Atlanta.

Sweetwater www.sweetwaterbrew.com

Terrapin www.terrapinbeer.com

Atlanta Brewing Co www.atlantabrewing.com

They all have really good beer. Sweetwater has 420 p.a. and their IPA is kickass.

Terrapin has thier "Side Project" bombers of specialty beer.
from porters to hop monsters

ABC made a 15th anni beer that was AMAZING! it was aged in Pappy Van Winkle oak barrels!
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

Yeah, but I get beer from Atlanta all the time, love sweetwater and ABC...

Anyways my friends are on the way back and they said they picked up a few different stuff after I sent recommendations. Guess I'll find out tonight what I got :P

They all have really good beer. Sweetwater has 420 p.a. and their IPA is kickass.

ABC made a 15th anni beer that was AMAZING! it was aged in Pappy Van Winkle oak barrels!

What he said!!!
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

Terrapin ROCKS . . . and NO - I'm not JUST biased!:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm a huge fan of Ommegang, in Cooperstown New York. Their Hennepin is a great farmhouse style saison beer. HIghly recommended.
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---