murrays

HDTV Mounting Question

I am looking at buying a new HDTV. We have a problem with where to put it in our family room. Of course, the lovely oak bookshelves where our present tv sits wasn't designed with a widescreen tv in mind. There is also a gas fireplace with mantel in the middle of the bookshelves.

We could put it above the mantel but I think that woul be too high for comfortable viewing. We could put it in front of the fireplace but my wife likes to use the fireplace occasionally.

So, what I am thinking would work would be a mounting system that would move the tv up and down on some sort of rail system from above the mantel to in front of the fireplace when we want to use it.

I haven't found any wall mounting solutions and am wondering if anybody could suggest where to look.

Thanks and blue skies,

Murray

Thanks for that link Quade. Unfortunately I don't see anything that will do exactly what I want.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I've had a lot of success with this company. I like the fact that some models have 3 axis points for fine tuning the TV to make it work for the room.

http://www.closystems.com/default.aspx

like what i posted, except more flashy lights on the homepage:P
\,,,/(-_^)\,,,/
"For once you have tasted flight,you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been,and will long to return"